Feature: FSU Seminoles

Relient J

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

FSU did a groundbreaking ceremony yesterday for what will be a story building called wildwood that will house 25% of the students on campus if my memory serves me right. This project is expected to be finished in 2007. By the looks of the rendering this project looks very huge.

FSU did a groundbreaking ceremony yesterday for what will be a story building called wildwood that will house 25% of the students on campus if my memory serves me right. This project is expected to be finished in 2007. By the looks of the rendering this project looks very huge.

How many stories?

I don't know because when they showed them turning the dirt it was across from Doak. From the rendering it looked like 3 5 story buildings. This project is going to take a lot of space, so that spot were Degraff hall use to be is probaly not it. I don't know though they maybe building something else on the DeGraff.

Yeah... and the project will not house 25%, rather it is FSU next step towards thier goal for being able to provide housing for 25% of the student body. But good ear. From what i saw, the growth is still making the 1/4 mark another proposal or two away before "the good W" gets his goal... hheehehe, good W

Yeah... and the project will not house 25%, rather it is FSU next step towards thier goal for being able to provide housing for 25% of the student body. But good ear. From what i saw, the growth is still making the 1/4 mark another proposal or two away before "the good W" gets his goal... hheehehe, good W

Whats the "good W" :huh:

Ya know an FSU college recruiter came to my campus on Thursday and one our students asked about that. Us highschoolers are hearing a lot of things about that. Anyway she made it seem as if we had nothing to worry about. As if FSU has a solution to that. Perhaps parking garages?

She was lying . . .

There is not enough parking on campus. We need a generation (aka Freshmen) to not be allowed parking privledges on campus. That is the only solution I see that can work UNTIL proper parking space is built. As far as I know . . . parking problems won't be resolved anytime soon.

That IS just my opinion, but I think it's a pretty good one.

She was lying . . .

There is not enough parking on campus. We need a generation (aka Freshmen) to not be allowed parking privledges on campus. That is the only solution I see that can work UNTIL proper parking space is built. As far as I know . . . parking problems won't be resolved anytime soon.

That IS just my opinion, but I think it's a pretty good one.

Of course this sounds good to me because I'm no longer a freshman. I don't know though. I think it ought to be a requirement for freshmen to live on campus if they aren't allowed to park at school. Can you imagine having your high school driving privledges striped from you in college?

And you don't have to worry about drivers parking their cars behind yours . . . and then you "hitting" them. But, then again, you do have to worry about them running you over.

Please, be a smart pedestrian. That's all I ask.

Are their plans in motion for additional parking garages to be built? And, why on earth haven't they turned that large gravel lot near the College of Music into a garage yet?

There actually are plans! One major thing that came out of the whole debate over the Symphony was FSU's plans to oneday put a parking garage there. Who knows where they'll put it next. I think the Gravel Lot would make a great location for a parking garage. That could serve as a gateway for the school.

That spot would definitely be a good place . . . a good "gateway" as well. The only thing I would worry about is it being so close to that intersection and being on a one-way street. Everyone knows how much FSU students can't drive anyway . . . I wonder if that would only make it worse.

Archived