Miami Heat

ZachariahDaMan

I don't know about you guys but I am excited to see the Heat playing this coming season. They have acquired some players that I like, they include Antoine Walker (shoots too much though), Jason Williams (I've enjoyed watching him since his Sacramento Kings days), James Posey (good defender), rookie Wayne Simien, they could also get Michael Finley. Players they have re-signed include Alonzo Mourning and Udonis Haslem. They did lose some players I liked though, like Eddie Jones, Rasual Butler, and Damon Jones. They also lost Qyntel Woods.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame they didn't make it to the finals last year, I am having this sinking feeling that Shaq just doesn't have the fire in the belly like he did out in LA (proving himself as one of the greats by winning a title), seems like Miami might be the Dallas Mavs of the east, a great team to watch but one that can't quite make it over that hill. Shame too, I'd love to see Shaq win a few more rings.

I am having this sinking feeling that Shaq just doesn't have the fire in the belly like he did out in LA

Well, like it or not, he IS getting older. I'm not saying his career is anywhere near finished, but he just may not be as good as he used to be.

Yeah,.. Im tryin to get some tix for the Christmas Day game vs the Lakers.

Tried to get on to the game in LA last year, but I had a better shot getting SuperBowl tickets.

We have not resigned ZO yet, I guess he is still making his decision on

returning to play next season

Damon Jones is still an unsigned free agent that could be resigned with the Heat

Its a good posibility he might not return, but if he decide to stay in Miami, he would become Jason Williams understudy, But if Pat Riley is smart, he'd spend the extra money in keeping a good insurance policy on Williams and maintain his ever reliable three point play to an already potient backcourt.

We will definitly have a great team on paper,

But it will be either the Pacers or Pistons vs Miami in the Eastern Conference Finals

again. Lets just hope Shaq and D'wayne is healthy because they will have no excuse this season.

I'm looking forward to the up-coming season as well. Shaq may be getting older, but nobody is asking him to carry this team by himself. He's still the most dominate player, at his position in the league and there's loads of talent around him, for alternative options. The only thing I'm worried about, at this point, is chemistry.

Btw, Mourning announced last week that he was coming back this season.

Go Heat... here was the Bank of America Tower in downtown Miami showing some support for the home team...

bofatowermiamiheat6po.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The last time I saw that tower it was glowing green (I think its the same one :blink: ). It was many years ago but I was quite impressed.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of course they arent playing up to expectations. Mainly because Pat Riley tried to fix something that wasnt even close to being broken!! I love you Pat, but cumon! the Heat team from last year reminded me of the late 20th early 21st century champinships Lakers. Wade as Kobe, Damon Jones as Fisher, Eddie jones as Fox, and Shaq as Shaq. what Miami needs is a pure shooter, not Walker or JWIll. Walker has always just seemed so erratic and impatient to me and JWill tends to take really dumb looking shots. They're both good and all but it would be great if the starting five was

C: Shaq

PG: Wade

PF: Haslem

SF: Posey

SG: Michael Redd (really good, not that expensive, reminds me of Ray Allen, all around good guy, and REALLY GOOD)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived