West End Field

Yes. They are reasonably affordable. Take a look at their Web Site, under "Sales Documents" for the pricing information. If I were single or a newlywed (or even a young couple with an infant), I'd certainly be looking at the Field house as an investment property before moving into a larger place. :shades:

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. It will definitely be finished by April, I think :D

Edit: Anbody else have a problem with the news media referring to this as a "stadium" rather than a "ballpark" or is this just a pet peeve for me alone?

I think Ballpark sounds more intimate than Stadium. Makes you want to bring the family.

Thanks for the photos RT :thumbsup:

I firmly believe it is the ONLY location that made sense. Another suburban park would have been a big mistake, IMO. Such stadiums don't generate spin-off development. People go there, watch the game and leave. Whereas a game at a stadium like this will be part of a larger 'night out' experience.

Using a sports venue to guide or kick start redevelopment is nothing new. Denver did it with their football stadium. I'm sure downtown Chattanooga looked pretty bad when their baseball stadium first opened.

Personally, I think people let appearances fool them. I go the the church diagonally across from the West End Coffee building. I have never feel threatened or uncomfortable by the surroundings. Some of the buildings look pretty bad, but they will be gone or rehabbed sooner or later.

I do hope that the auction for the fieldhouse goes well. It is important that this first project gets off to a good start. I just wonder how many people in Greenville have the lifestyle/taste/income to keep buying all these pricey units in the downtown area.

I was at the auction and thought it went well. They sold 25 of the 40 units last night. I've posted more detailed synopsis under CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Field House.

I was driving down Augusta the other day into downtown and the Ball Park totally caught me by surprise. I had no idea that it has such a presence on Augusta St. It was quite impressive. I can't even begin to imagine it after completion and once games begin. The West End is going to be VERY exciting.

South Main is closed for the construction of The Field House I'm assuming. Great stuff!

Anyway, I thought this was cool. I was somewhere downtown today... and looking toward the West End I could see what I thought was the Ball Park. It was very exciting. I guess it's a good thing, but maybe it says something else about downtown... hmmm. But it was cool becuase I was a good ways away like in the North Main Street portion of the CBD! :thumbsup:

That's an excellent question. The Braves and Bombers always put on a good 4th of July show. I'm sure the Drive will want to do the same thing; however, now that the ballpark is downtown, they'll surely want to coordinate with GreenvilleEvents and the Red, White, and Blue celebration...one would hope at least. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday, 10-DEC-2005:

The beams for the roof are in place and the covering is starting to go on:

20051210_0001.jpg

Crushed limestone is being spread over the field and will aid drainage underneath the sod once it is put in place. Can you make out the infield? I can!! :yahoo:

20051210_0002.jpg

The Warning Track is being laid down, too!! :yahoo: :

20051210_0003.jpg

Archived