West End Field

I just walked around and through the stadium at lunch today.

It's crazy down there. There must be nearly a hundred people painting, hooking things up, paving, shoveling, hammering, etc. It's like a beehive. You have to see it to believe it.

That beehive would be a cool video. :D Anybody recording all the activity?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anybody have any information on the timeframe for work on the Shoeless Joe Museum? That house has just been sitting there ever since it was moved and there doesn't appear to have been much else that's taken place. :unsure:

I suppose my expectations are skewed by watching T.V. and seeing these projects completed in what appears to be a matter of a few days. :huh:

Does anybody have any information on the timeframe for work on the Shoeless Joe Museum? That house has just been sitting there ever since it was moved and there doesn't appear to have been much else that's taken place. :unsure:

I suppose my expectations are skewed by watching T.V. and seeing these projects completed in what appears to be a matter of a few days. :huh:

I drove by this morning and there was a guy obviously working on the house, he was off the sidewalk and in the mud around the house. He was either a worker or a UP'er taking photos. :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know what is going on the site just north of the fieldhouse and the railroad tracks going towards downtown, unless I imagined this there were some old buildings there and I think the site was cleared when I drove by on Wednesday.

I asked this same question in another thread: here. The property is owned by Colonial American Properties; however, there's no word yet as to what is planned for that property, if anything. It does open the space up a bit though.

This is the area where construction materials had previously been staged during ballpark construction and where there's parking for ballgames now, right? I'm not sure what's proposed for that, but I'd like to see some newer construction that fit with the rest of the store fronts along that stretch of Augusta...I'd rather not see another parking lot although it's entirely possible that's what's being proposed. :unsure:

This is the area where construction materials had previously been staged during ballpark construction and where there's parking for ballgames now, right? I'm not sure what's proposed for that, but I'd like to see some newer construction that fit with the rest of the store fronts along that stretch of Augusta...I'd rather not see another parking lot although it's entirely possible that's what's being proposed. :unsure:

I think I heard a while ago that the Children's Theatre or some group like that was looking at it for a new headquarters.

• 5 months later...

Archived