West End Field

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there some reason that they didn't bury the powerlines form Markley St up to Pendleton everything looks nice and then it goes to crap right there, they could have at least straightened up the poles a bit.....didn't they have the street and sidewalks torn up anyway?

I've been wondering the same thing. Not burying them results in an otherwise nice part of town looking tacky. Yes, the street was dug up for installation of the street lights and landscaping. You'd think they would have capitalized on the opportunity to bury the utilities as well.

Apparently they are making a few changes out at the ballpark for this season. My wife contacted them about suite rental, and they told her they are making a Field level "dugout suite" on the first base side that sounds pretty neat. I've got a rendering of it on my computer at home, I'll post a picture when I can find it. Also heard they are building a new sphinx 500 type club on the third base side that *GASP* actually has a view of the field.

More to follow.

Apparently they are making a few changes out at the ballpark for this season. My wife contacted them about suite rental, and they told her they are making a Field level "dugout suite" on the first base side that sounds pretty neat. I've got a rendering of it on my computer at home, I'll post a picture when I can find it. Also heard they are building a new sphinx 500 type club on the third base side that *GASP* actually has a view of the field.

More to follow.

So are they getting rid of the playground?

Seriously, I wish the park was about 2,000 seats bigger. There is no way an ACC tournament would ever come back with the size of the park, though a Southern Conference tournament might come, but I gather they are happy in Charleston.

Not to interrupt the flow of this thread, but does "Undecided, USA" for your location mean that you might be staying in Greenville after all, RT? (crosses fingers)

No - it just means that if I don't get forced to relocate to Colorado Springs (still waiting, as always, for someone to make a decision there), then I'll most likely be moving over to the RTP area.

I'm lovin' the sound of this "Mayfield Dugout" and the new left field club. :thumbsup:

No - it just means that if I don't get forced to relocate to Colorado Springs (still waiting, as always, for someone to make a decision there), then I'll most likely be moving over to the RTP area.
You just can't stay in one place for very long! Only shallow roots for you and your family, I guess... :(

is there some reason that they didn't bury the powerlines form Markley St up to Pendleton everything looks nice and then it goes to crap right there, they could have at least straightened up the poles a bit.....didn't they have the street and sidewalks torn up anyway?

It would be nice for the city to have made the s main improvememnts all the way down Pendleton to Academy, that area is really in need of some improvements (sorry, off topic from the thread, but going with this post)...

It is a great addition. I am so happy to see that the 2006 new ballpark of the year is not resting on its laurels, and really trying to get better. They took suggestions from their year end survey... actually even read them... and MY GOSH listened. Its a crazy idea I know.

Drove by the park last night, and couldn't see were the new left field club was going to be added, but can't really see the area too well from the road. May have to do some closer investigating soon. Sounds like its going to be over the kids playground area. Heres the description for the new place on the 3rd base side. I'll try and snag a rendering of it too if I can.

The place to be at West End Field in 2007 is our new elevated party deck, the Party Porch.

Located off the end of our suite level on the third base side, this open air patio deck combines all the amenities of a suite with the ambience of beautiful West End Field.

$1950 gets you 50 tickets along with meal options of southern fried chicken dinner, barbeque feast or ballpark fare. Catering also includes beer, wine, and soda.

I think thats exactly what it is going to be. Apparently the biggest complaint for bigger groups that rented the Sphinx 500 was they couldn't see the field, and there were only 2 suites to rent, and they only hold like 20 people each. They are really trying to accommodate more groups this year, I think they had to turn away a lot of them last year.

To put it in perspective, my birthday is during the season, and all the suites are already rented out for it (albeit a weekend game).

Archived