West End Field

A cool little link to a GV News graphic of West End Field. You can click on a section of seats and see what your view will be.

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...7003&Ref=AR

This is very cool. This would be an excellent addition to the http://www.greenvilledrive.com/ web site. *hint* *hint*

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Drive had a seat finder like that on their website until the first version of the site died early last summer, when the dark version took over. It was a useful tool

Yea, but it only showed you a snapshot of the view from your section, not a 360-degree view. That's what makes this one so cool. :good:

I got a kick out of finally seeing the new additions first-hand last night.

I love where they've consolodated the team stores (under the "Upper Deck") and was especially surprised to find Salsarita's where the kid's merchandise store used to be. I love Salsarita's!

The new playground is great! I can't wait for my kids to go enjoy that thing.

The oobe sportswear made all of the event staff somehow seem more professional.

Also, the Chick-fil-a concessions in the aisles was a nice touch; however, I didn't see many people actually taking advantage of it. If these people are like me, I'd just as soon be able to buy a hot dog or bag of peanuts and enjoy instant gratification right then and there rather than place an order for a chicken sandwich, tea, lemonade, or milk shake and then wait for it. I'll probably try it out before the season is over though, just for kicks.

The "Breathe Easy" message at the beginning of the game is a nice message; however, I think it probably needs to be repeated every 3 innings (when the grounds crew comes out) just to remind people that arrive late that there's no smoking in the park, at least during the first few weeks of the season. Someone lit up somewhere near me last night...I could definitely smell it, but I couldn't see it, so they were doing a good job of hiding it.

The overall experience last night was top-notch! Now, if the web site could just match it. Content-wise, the site has improved. I just find the site's appearance less than professional, unfortunately. It still needs a lot of TLC.

Due to tonights rain out of the Clemson v USC baseball game in Clemson, the Tiger baseball schedule has had to be rearranged to make up the rival game.

As a result, Clemson will now play Wofford on Tuesday, May 8 at 7:15 at West End Field instead of in Clemson.

http://tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=6597

I would expect a sell out crowd that night for the Tigers v Terriers match up. This will be the first Clemson game at West End Field and first in Greenville County since a game at Furman about 5 years ago.

Due to tonights rain out of the Clemson v USC baseball game in Clemson, the Tiger baseball schedule has had to be rearranged to make up the rival game.

As a result, Clemson will now play Wofford on Tuesday, May 8 at 7:15 at West End Field instead of in Clemson.

http://tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=6597

I would expect a sell out crowd that night for the Tigers v Terriers match up. This will be the first Clemson game at West End Field and first in Greenville County since a game at Furman about 5 years ago.

That's fantastic news! I might have to drive over for the game!

• 3 weeks later...

Too bad. I miss the Fenway Franks experience (a hot dog on a slice of bread with some mustard), but oh well.

I noticed this past weekend that work is starting to fire up on the Liberty Tap Room. I'm anxious to see what that place is like.

I recently went to the Liberty's in Columbia (it's in the Vista) and enjoyed it. It is nice inside, and the food was good. I'm looking forward to Greenville having one. :thumbsup:

G-man, what's the deal with the bottled drink prices rising from $1.50 to $2.50? :angry:

I was wondering the same thing. They said last year they would keep the drink prices low and then they went and raised the prices. No doubt the prices were increased to make more money. It's not bad for me though, seeing how all drinks for me cost only $1.00.

• 1 month later...

Wow! Check out this "ultra complimentary" article on West End Field from today in the Miami Herald. It'll bring a smile to your face. Promise. :D Nice to see this kind of exposure.

http://www.miamiherald.com/590/story/134838.html

Excellent article! It's great that our ballpark is getting such great publicity around the country. The co-owners knew what they were doing. Not only did they see the value of building a new ballpark in the West End, but they made it a novel destination. It doesn't get much better than that!

Wow! Check out this "ultra complimentary" article on West End Field from today in the Miami Herald. It'll bring a smile to your face. Promise. :D Nice to see this kind of exposure.

http://www.miamiherald.com/590/story/134838.html

That is a great read! Thanks, gsupstate! I get a kick out of how they refer to Paris Mountain and Piney Mountain as "a small mountain range." :lol:

They've got ballpark envy in general in Miami...they just can't seem to get one built downtown there. -_- A lot of people in Miami are probably saying, "if little Greenville, South Carolina can do it, then we should be able to do it, too..." Of course, there were points last season where we were drawing a higher attendance here than the Marlins, too. :lol:

West End Field is, in and of itself, a work of art; therefore, I hesitate to suggest this...

Wouldn't it be cool if there were some form of public art/sculpture at the Field Street and Markley/Main Street entrance plazas to West End Field? I wonder if the city or the G-Drive has given any thought to commissioning something?

Check out some of the public baseball art that exists out there in the world today.

Archived