CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Pinnacle on Main

RestedTraveler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree It seems like this is taking for ever. I know theres alot of planning in getting a project of this scale started but I would just like to see some type of progress.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems as though they would have already have fenced in the area if they were truly going to start soon. Does anyone have any solid info when the construction is supposed to begin. I am beggining to wonder if the city is holding them up.

Since you've been through there recently, you probably have noticed the large orange and white traffic barriers stacked along Main, in front of Springwood Cemetery. My guess is that the City is going to start the beautification project to take place along with The Pinnacle construction. Those barriers are very likely to be used during The Pinnacle and road/sidewalk work. We'll see......... :)

Since you've been through there recently, you probably have noticed the large orange and white traffic barriers stacked along Main, in front of Springwood Cemetery.  My guess is that the City is going to start the beautification project to take place along with The Pinnacle construction.  Those barriers are very likely to be used during The Pinnacle and road/sidewalk work.  We'll see......... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Skyliner you are exactly right. That is exactly what those barriers are for. It was stated in the Greenville Journal two weeks ago that construction would start soon after Labor Day.

...and to think construction of the pinnacle on main was supposed to start back in the spring and now its almost fall and they still haven't started building it yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's par for the course in development. A project almost never starts on the date originally planned. That's the case everywhere for all types of projects.

That's par for the course in development.  A project almost never starts on the date originally planned.  That's the case everywhere for all types of projects.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the surface, that would seem to be the case.

What many also don't realize is that the project probably has technically already started - there are tasks and timelines associated in many cases with the intangibles that aren't readily visible.

Additionally, there are usually built-in slack days throughout the project, too. The longer the project, the more slack days that will be built-in. So, if there are complications, there should be built-in time to account for those. If there are not, the project will miraculously come in on time (and hopefully under budget) :thumbsup:

On the surface, that would seem to be the case.

What many also don't realize is that the project probably has technically already started - there are tasks and timelines associated in many cases with the intangibles that aren't readily visible.

Additionally, there are usually built-in slack days throughout the project, too.  The longer the project, the more slack days that will be built-in.  So, if there are complications, there should be built-in time to account for those.  If there are not, the project will miraculously come in on time (and hopefully under budget)  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RT, you are right, that is what I have been saying for a while. The project has started, contrustion has just not started yet. However, I think it is coming soon. :)

I imagine that part, if not all of Elford Street will be blocked off around The Pinnacle site. The crane may be built on the road, but it may also go up on the parking area behind the tower. I just can't wait to see the "bricks and mortar" stage of this project begin. I'm very excited for Greenville! :D

It does appear that construction has begun on the 400 block of North Main streetscaping. The signs had been up for several weeks, but the actual work has finally started. Also, the work on McPherson park is looking good, particularly the foutain and water feature of "The Park" residential project. Check it out if you haven't been lately.

Archived