CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Pinnacle on Main

RestedTraveler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That stinks. I was hoping the opposite was true. Usually the Journal doesn't put "bad news" in it's TBA column.

It looks like we will have to be content with Riverplace, McBee Station, and the Field House at West End as far as the large private sector projects go.

It would be nice to see something start in the heart of the CBD. It seems so many things have fallen by the wayside.

It could be that South Financial has been rumored amongst developers to be expanding for a couple of years and we just didn't realize it. They could be this mysterious "bank" that has been mentioned in plans for several of these towers that have been on the drawing boards. Pure speculation on my part, but it is an interesting thought.

Passed on to me by one of our brokers. Completed, it will be 13-14 stories tall.

Cant really say I disagree with the potential buyers, when a project is stalled like this one has been, its hard to line people up who are willing to wait 10 years for it to be built. I agree with the saying that "If you build it, then the people will come".

Cant really say I disagree with the potential buyers, when a project is stalled like this one has been, its hard to line people up who are willing to wait 10 years for it to be built. I agree with the saying that "If you build it, then the people will come".

It also burns me up to think that Atlanta, Charlotte, are just busting at the seems with new highrises. What does this say about Greenville as a city? Greenville is growing quickly, but are we fooling ourselves to believe that we can attract large skyscrapers like these cities. I for one am ready for these developers to quit fooling around and finally make the tallest building in South Carolina. Lets be known around the state for the business climate that we have. Columbia will never ever reach its potential because its in the armpit of the state, Greenville is primed to be the best location for the largest highrise tower.

Wasn't there supposed to be an announcement or something about this according to the Greenville Journal two weeks ago. We should all get together and rent a crane and start building it ourselves. Somebody needs to contact Bob Ellis and find out what the heck is going on over there. He's had all of the time in the world to sell less than 10 condos. These other projects like Riverplace, Field House at West End, McBee Station, and others that have more condos than this one can get built, so why can't this one?

Columbia will never ever reach its potential because its in the armpit of the state, Greenville is primed to be the best location for the largest highrise tower.

Don't know what "armpit" means in this case, but interesting statement. At any rate, Columbia reaching its fullest potential has absolutely nothing to do with Greenville reaching its fullest potential, and both will do so in their own time--hopefully sooner rather than later.

I'm guessing that at some point in the future, city leaders will begin balancing out the development along I-85 with downtown development, although at this point it appears to be rather lopsided--in favor of I-85. Unlike Atlanta and Charlotte, an economic presence along I-85 will rival rather than complement downtown Greenville.

And the RSA tower in Mobile is really nice. Birmingham must have been fuming when they found out that Alabama's tallest would be built there.

It could be that South Financial has been rumored amongst developers to be expanding for a couple of years and we just didn't realize it. They could be this mysterious "bank" that has been mentioned in plans for several of these towers that have been on the drawing boards. Pure speculation on my part, but it is an interesting thought.

Bank of America has also been the subject of rumors. They are currently in Class C space and have been looking to relocate in downtown. I think at least a few of these 'tower announcements' were preemptive marketing strikes trying to lure South Financial or Bank of America. BTW, Bank of America just signed a short term lease (2-3 years) to remain in their current location.

Bank of America has also been the subject of rumors. They are currently in Class C space and have been looking to relocate in downtown. I think at least a few of these 'tower announcements' were preemptive marketing strikes trying to lure South Financial or Bank of America. BTW, Bank of America just signed a short term lease (2-3 years) to remain in their current location.

Thanks for the info. EDPro. There was talk that the BofA announcement would settle some things, but I never heard the resolution. With such a short term lease, they probabbly are putting things on hold yet again, in terms of new buildings.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. EDPro. There was talk that the BofA announcement would settle some things, but I never heard the resolution. With such a short term lease, they probabbly are putting things on hold yet again, in terms of new buildings.

Last night I tried to send a email to the sales@pinnacleofmain and it was sent back to me as undeliverable mail. I was trying to find out what the current pricing was for these condo's. Im just wondering if this project is now dead, since the email link doesn't work. Also if anyone has any current information on pricing I would greatly appreciate it.

Last night I tried to send a email to the sales@pinnacleofmain and it was sent back to me as undeliverable mail. I was trying to find out what the current pricing was for these condo's. Im just wondering if this project is now dead, since the email link doesn't work. Also if anyone has any current information on pricing I would greatly appreciate it.

They range from $1.375MM to $1.85MM. They are being marketed by Lacie Ellis (Mrs. Bob Ellis) at Dickens Company. I don't think this one is dead yet. Have faith.

They range from $1.375MM to $1.85MM. They are being marketed by Lacie Ellis (Mrs. Bob Ellis) at Dickens Company. I don't think this one is dead yet. Have faith.

Ummmm, I believe we know why it's still a parking lot and not a tower... GOOD GOSH! 1.75-1.85 MILLION!? :shok:

I think the developer needs to build higher and come down on the price. A LOT!

Yeah, let's make this tower at least 20 stories and decrease the price. It only makes sense.

And for what it's worth, there is no way I would pay that much money to be there. I am sure it will be nice inside, but that is not the greatest location (yet, anyway). I don't particularly want to pay $1.5-2 million, only to have a view of the ugly Landmark building or to be looking down on a cemetery. I sincerely hope the project happens, though. Hopefully some wealthy people disagree with my opinion of the location.

Ok, this is one thing I don't understand about these developers. That price is INSANE! I bet there are hundredes or even thousands of people that would like to live DT, but nobody is building anything affordable. Gville would probably not have any problen filling a couple of 25 story building if they were more in the 100k - 150k range. At these rates, it may never get built. Eventualy the poeple who have already reserved one will get tired of waiting and back out.

p.s. where is the smiley face for pulling your hair out?

Well, hopefully the slow sales we have seen recently on some of the higher-priced developments will show developers that the market cannot handle anymore high-end properties right now. If they are good developers, they will see that there is a huge market for downtown living for young singles. I totally agree about two 25-story condo towers being easy to fill if the price were reasonable.

Well, hopefully the slow sales we have seen recently on some of the higher-priced developments will show developers that the market cannot handle anymore high-end properties right now. If they are good developers, they will see that there is a huge market for downtown living for young singles. I totally agree about two 25-story condo towers being easy to fill if the price were reasonable.

I have a feeling that McBee Station's success, being affordable, will possibly spawn some more affordable downtown residences. We'll see, but I say that by the end of 2007 we hear of an affordable highrise residential development.

Archived