Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral, Titusville

iris32

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, these stats were announced just recently. Here is the full top 10 list. The percentages represent the increase in median home sale prices between 2nd quarter 2004 and 2nd quarter 2005. Also, the Brevard metro area is "Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville" (Brevard's three largest cities) not "Cocoa Beach-Cape Canaveral-Titusville". Notice how SIX of the top ten are in FL.

1. Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, Ariz.: 47.0%

2. Cape Coral-Fort Myers, FL: 45.2%

3. Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville, FL: 40.0%

4. Orlando, FL: 36.5%

5. Sarasota-Bradenton-Venice, FL: 34.3%

6. Reno-Sparks, Nev.: 32.1%

7. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Miami Beach, FL: 31.7%

8. Deltona-Daytona Beach-Ormond Beach, FL: 31.2%

9. Durham, N.C.: 30.9%

10. Tucson, Ariz.: 30.0%

The Sentinel and these statistics are very true. Brevard County is booming especially in the West Melbourne and Viera areas. Brevard County's shopping scene has been enhanced by hte Avenue at Viera, a lifestlye center w/tenants such as, MOEs, Panera, Jos A. Banks, a Rave movie theater, Melting Pot, and the county's first Abercrombie. Added to this development, there is a Starbucks, a Super Targer, Walmart Supercenter, Longhorn, and the first Kohl's in the state of Florida just outside of this plaza. On top of shopping there is a county government complex, the training facility of the Washington Nationals, and million dollar homes. This area has even attracted Toll Brothers! The Cape Canaveral area is becoming a hot spot for consumers who work in nearby Orlando(via the Beeline) and want to live on the beach. Along with the Cape, is Port Canaveral, the hub of all Disney Cruises and many more lines such as Carnival and Royal Caribbean. Finally, the city of Titusville is charming homebuyers with its small town charm and easy access to the Waterford Lakes area of Orlando and KSC.

Those are some really good points wishiwereinfl.

I have been looking at those areas and though the prices are increasing rapidly quite a bit, they are still lower than in other areas of the state that are by the ocean.

I don't think that is going to be the case much longer...

Yeah the Space Coast is a great place. For those of you that live in orlando, you should do the 40 or so minute drive and check this place out. The fact of the matter is, this is one of the very few areas in florida that is still reasonably priced. Buy now while it's somewhat cheaper, and i'll guarantee you that you will probably appreciate quite a bit on your home. Not to mention, b/c of KSC, the schools in Brevard are the BEST in florida!

Hi Dale,

Can you post the article (or a link to it).

I would really love to read it.

I found some condos in Cocoa that are either river front (Banana River) or Ocean front (4-5-6th floors and up) with gorgeous views in the $300s.

Some of the new condos in downtown Orlando are going for $400-$600-$900/sqf...

It does make sense to look into property on the beach while they are affordable... AND cheaper than Orlando.

40 minute drive sounds like a good investment. Once you are home, you can take your shoes off, and walk on the beach.

iris32, Cocoa is in the process of revitalizing their waterfront with brand new beautiful condos in the downtown area. The downtown area is quaint and consists of restaurants and boutiques. However, some parts of Cocoa aren't the best, and if you have kids, these wouldn't be the best schools to have them attend. However, if you don't, these condos would be great for you, as you are close to the Beeline, 520, and 95. While Cocoa may not have too much shopping(big box retailers) Merritt Island is just minutes away with a mall and outparcels.

No kids here... just one of those young proffesionals that wanted to buy a place in downtown Orlando... but not at $600/sqf.

Being at the beach with a margarita after work... does sound a lot appealing now.

I am just interested on buying at the right place/right time, and Coca Beach sounds like a much better option now...

Thank you for sharing your views with me... it has assured me a lot more of what I was already seeing/thinking.

Any more news/thoughts are more than welcome

Trish

I found some condos in Cocoa that are either river front (Banana River) or Ocean front (4-5-6th floors and up) with gorgeous views in the $300s.

From your post, it seems like you are a bit unfamiliar with the area. If I am wrong, forgive me. First off, Cocoa and Cocoa Beach are two different cities that do not even border each other. I'm assuming you want to move to Cocoa Beach - not Cocoa - based on what you have said. I think this is a great place to go.

I would also check out the Melbourne area though. This is a bigger area although a bit further away from Orlando (if that's important). Most of the growth and housing boom is going on in this area. I know of one project that has not yet been built, but will be quite impressive, Vues Condos. What exactly are you looking for? Do you want to live directly on the beach? How important is nearby shopping? Let me know and I will try to point you in the right direction.

LOL!!!

Hi Neoanderz,

I actually do know the difference between Cocoa and Cocoa Beach. I just got too lazy to type in the "Beach" part :P

I know Melbourne is growing quite a bit and it is bigger than Cocoa Beach, but it is also further away from Orlando.

Due to the endless increase in gas prices, I would like to be closer to the beach, but also not too far from Orlando.

After looking into properties in Orlando, I have decided to look into the East Coast as well.

I guess at this point I am trying to get familiar with what's availabe, for how much, and how far from Orlando.

Any information that you could send my way will be more than welcome.

By the way... Those condos look gorgeous! Do you know the price range?

Archived