Growth: Retirement Heaven is here!

cityboy05

:D Well if you haven't heard Tallahassee and Thomasville may become among the top retirement destinations in the country within 10 years based upon factors such as climate, home prices, property taxes and entertainment offerings. I feel this is good for the Tallahassee and the Thomasville community. It will bring such diversity to Tallahassee. In year 2030 it is projected that 16.3 percent of Leon County residents will be over 65. For more info on this click this link: http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee...ss/12456542.htm :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The retirees have represented a major source of our population increase in these recent years. Working in retail I've noticed a major increase in the number of elderly couples and customers coming through the store from the north.

This is exciting news.

I don't think we should have many issues with students and elders living in harmony since most of us students are concentrated in the Southwest portion of the city and these seniors seem to be primarily drawn to the north and southeast sides of town.

From a marketing standpoint, the high volumn of college students and Old People will work like a turbocharger on our economy. Two totally different types, needing totally different services and accomidations. Provided the elderly are retiring with something in line financially, and the students can continue to get loans, these two markets willl make the fiscal worth of tallahassee extreemly desirable for comercial growth- ultimatly making us big and strong.

Tingles... I left out all the family oriented state employees aswell... i am afraid we need to get jobs, if not, there may not be jobs to support the middle of the age spectrum market. Difficult to see what we could do, but someplace to put some jobs is a good start. if a development were to have 10 floors of office space below some condos, the condos could hold it over till someone moved in. Logically, if you build it... they will come. with all the hurricanes, an insurance company could use a fla base that is in a non-hurricane prone region. close enough to help, not to close to get hurt.

Retirees ARE buyers, and they are snatching up Downtown Condos, and anything else nice with a zero lot line... basically they are purchasing nice homes without all of the unnecessary "yardage". Smart people, I say!

Its great to have them here... they are some of the best customers to serve.

Hummm..... I dont know about all these social interactions with retirees. I like the sector style seperation of economies, i.e. retirement communities. I wouldnt want a retired couple living next to me while i was a college student. But we have more than enough room, with the SE, NE areas full of options and publixes for the Oldies!

Hummm..... I dont know about all these social interactions with retirees.  I like the sector style seperation of economies, i.e. retirement communities.  I wouldnt want a retired couple living next to me while i was a college student.  But we have more than enough room, with the SE, NE areas full of options  and publixes for the Oldies!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's a Eldest!!! YOU ELDEST!!!!

He doesn't speak for me people... I'd much rather live next to a quiet, nice, old couple... than a wild, drunk, young buck!

I love Elders! Some of my best friends are Elderly!

:rofl: An eldest eh. Elders are cool people they are straight foward and observative and most of the time nice and hospitable. I wouldn't mine being next door to an elder if i had a family of my own at least I know they would care then some of these youngbloodz out here.

lol. "eldest"... that is a new one on me. lol. But really, i just have generation issues. I would respect nieghbors if required, but with my schedule, fun happens when it happens. I would hate to cuase others disscomfort... because that takes away from my fun. so seperation of age and bedtimes!!! though, you know, there are some grade students who are more dissgruntalled than any elderly neighbor. ;)

Archived