Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TSmith

New Orleans retains Algiers base

8 posts in this topic

That is Great!

Are any changes going to take place in the base at all? Or did BRAC just to leave it open and let it stay the same?

Here's a link to the Times Picayune article about it...

LINK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks alot TSmith.

This is definately to be happy about. I have to give Kathleen Blanco credit, she did a great job with this.

Louisiana was very pro-active in trying to keep the base open, and it payed off...big time!

I'm pleased our community had success. Success with the Defense Department and Base Closures is rare. However, when your community and it's leaders come up with an ingenius plan that saves $$$ for people looking to save $$$, then you will succeed. Ultimately, in the long run, this could spell a gain of almost 5,000 jobs for the Algiers area when you include spin-off jobs. I think if we play our cards right, New Orleans will definitely be the home of a much sought after Homeland Security Regional Office. Today, we landed an Ace in our hand.....

I think if we play our cards right, New Orleans will definitely be the home of a much sought after Homeland Security Regional Office.  Today, we landed an Ace in our hand.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definitely..

This is a very big step in the right direction for the New Orleans area concerning a Homeland Security Regional Office.

Im VERY happy that the N.O. area and the state of Louisiana succeeded with this whole process.

I never thought I'd ever see Blanco and Nagin hug... and mean it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!!! All I want to see, now, is Blanco, Nagin, and Saints owner, Benson hug..that will be a happy day!!!