Legacy Building in Fayetteville

Mith242

Just north of Dickson St, ground has been broken on the Legacy Building on Watson St in Fayetteville. The building will provide 117,000 square feet of commercial and residential space. The six story building will have around 40 luxury condos that will provide views of Old Main on the U of A. Mason's will now occupy some of the commercial space. Mason's first started in the Northwest Arkansas Mall in 1991 and has since opened locations near Fayetteville's Square and Village on the Creeks in Rogers. Although it has focused on upscale women's clothing and fashion it will begin expanding into upscale men's products as well. Mason's is also looking to expand into other areas. Little Rock and Memphis are being looked into as well as some other southeastern cities.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Just thought I'd mention that they are getting some construction going on this project. Most of the others I've seen in the city are still just empty fields of reddish orange dirt. They've got some concrete poured and they've also brought in a big crane. I didn't get a good look, but I didn't see any steel put up yet. I'll try to see if I can stop by and take a pic to show what's going on since none of the other developments in Fayetteville are doing much at the moment.

I didn't realize that this project was right off Dixon.

It's in a good looking area, nice Photos.

Pretty much just behind some of the restaurants and a small parking lot. If you look in one of the pics you can see the top of the Three Sisters Development in the background. It's not quite over on Lafayette though, there's a very small street between Dickson and Lafayette called Watson. But yes basically close enough to be considered part of the Dickson St area.

Pretty much just behind some of the restaurants and a small parking lot. If you look in one of the pics you can see the top of the Three Sisters Development in the background. It's not quite over on Lafayette though, there's a very small street between Dickson and Lafayette called Watson. But yes basically close enough to be considered part of the Dickson St area.

Yeah, I saw the Three Sisters Development in the top.

This should help give a more dense and urban feel.

Yeah, I saw the Three Sisters Development in the top.

This should help give a more dense and urban feel.

Yeah I'm looking forward to the Dickson St area being more than just one to three story buildings. And the three story buildings are rather new themselves.

Yeah I'm looking forward to the Dickson St area being more than just one to three story buildings. And the three story buildings are rather new themselves.

Yes, and another thing is is that those buildings are street front retail, which is an advantage in the future for furthur development.

Yes, and another thing is is that those buildings are street front retail, which is an advantage in the future for furthur development.

Yeah, that reminds me, when I go back down there to take some update pics on the construction I need to take a walk down Watson and see what all is down there. I always just use Dickson or Lafayette. I don't think watson even goes very far, but I'd like to see what else could be ripe for development there. I don't think you'll be able to have too much development further north. I think parts of Lafayette may be part of a historical district.

Yeah, that's correct.

I know Mason's is suppose to be going there, any other tenants?

Mason's is the only one that I recall hearing on hand. Although for some reason I might have heard something about another clothing related store possibly involved.

I thought I was going to have more to post here. I went down there and they had all these signs with a website listed. I got home and looked at the website and there's nothing there yet. Just some annoying pop ups and a search for airline tickets for some reason. Here I hoped to have some more renderings to post like the Park West development.

• 2 weeks later...

Well they finally got the website going. It has some nice info on it. I wish more NWA developments would set up a site like this. You can even get the floor layout and see how much each specific condo is and the layout and square feet. Yhey also have some of the views you'll get from some of the condos. Here's the link.

http://www.thelegacybuilding.com/index1.htm

Archived