Legacy Building in Fayetteville

Mith242

If you look under the news section of the Legacy Building website you can get some more info on what the Barber Group is doing. I haven't seen mention of the luxury hotel/condo development per se but there is a mention of a 260 condo unit development on 33 acres called Condos at the Peaks in Rogers. So there's a big chunk of the 450 condos they have in development.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Barber Group also has another mixed use development off Joyce here in Fayetteville. I think I remember posting a little info on that before. Looks like they were the ones who renovated the UARK Bowl Building. They are also apparently the ones that will be adding the condos on top of the current Bank of American Building. I guess they are going to be some big condos because it sounds like there are only 6 and half of those have already sold. They also apparently have a development between University Ave and Powerhouse Ave called Lafayette Lofts. I'll have to go check it out and take some pics. I hadn't heard about that one. But nothing they're doing here in Fayetteville is big compared to what they're going to be doing in Rogers. Although I admit I don't think a huge development like that would fit on Dickson St. But I wouldn't mind seeing them do a big project like that in some other area of Fayetteville.

If you look under the news section of the Legacy Building website you can get some more info on what the Barber Group is doing. I haven't seen mention of the luxury hotel/condo development per se but there is a mention of a 260 condo unit development on 33 acres called Condos at the Peaks in Rogers. So there's a big chunk of the 450 condos they have in development.

Those condos really arent condos in Rogers. There more like Townhomes. The Condos at the Peaks is right next to Village on the Creeks.

Those condos really arent condos in Rogers. There more like Townhomes. The Condos at the Peaks is right next to Village on the Creeks.

I wonder if there is a technical term that can be applied to condos. And why call these townhouses in Rogers condos? Although maybe they're trying to take advantage of the condo boom by calling them condos.

I asked someone who has some condos here in Little Rock what the difference was between a condo and an apartment. She said that basically a condo is a larger version of an apartment...you own the condo itself, but not the building or property it's in.

American Heritage Dictionary Definition:

NOUN:

pl. con

Thanks for the info Tim. Yeah I basically thought of an apartment as something you rent and a condo as something you own. Although I think some cities like NYC it's more complicated than that. But Matt made it sound like these 'condos' in Rogers were more like townhouses. I wonder how they can get away with calling them condos. That makes it sound like a lot different type of development than what I'd consider a condo building.

I guess I may be a bit disappointed with their 'condo' development in Rogers. But overall I have to say I like what the Barber Group has been doing in NWA and in particular Fayetteville. They're would be a lot fewer condos without them. I hope they start working on some of their bigger projects soon.

Yeah, I'd like to see more high-rise development up there, and condos would make a good use for those right now. I like their ideas of building those high-rise condos on Beaver Lake because that would be very scenic...but I wish they would build high rises in the cities. They were first talking about a total of 10 25 story buildings on 2 different sections of the lake...just think about how good 10 25 story buildings would look in Rogers or Fayetteville!

Yeah, I'd like to see more high-rise development up there, and condos would make a good use for those right now. I like their ideas of building those high-rise condos on Beaver Lake because that would be very scenic...but I wish they would build high rises in the cities. They were first talking about a total of 10 25 story buildings on 2 different sections of the lake...just think about how good 10 25 story buildings would look in Rogers or Fayetteville!

I think Rogers will start building up soon. I'm not sure about how much Fayetteville will build up.. There's been a little talk already about the Fayetteville City Council considering looking more into building height restrictions and such. Although I admit I wouldn't mind seeing more midrises develop and then maybe have the city start considering some taller buildings then.

I would like to see Fayetteville with a skyline...but Rogers would probably be the better fit, since they already have some mid-rises in the works and they have more land for that type of development.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't necessarily mind Fayetteville getting a skyline. But I'd prefer Fayetteville stick with some buildings that would fit well into the city and not just build some taller buildings just to say we have some. I wouldn't mind having some taller buildings but for now I'd also be happy with some more midrises. That and I have my doubts the city council would allow any particularly tall building. But I do think they might consider it more if we had more midrises. That way a tall building wouldn't stand out quite so much and may not seem a part of the city.

I think Rogers will start building up soon. I'm not sure about how much Fayetteville will build up.. There's been a little talk already about the Fayetteville City Council considering looking more into building height restrictions and such. Although I admit I wouldn't mind seeing more midrises develop and then maybe have the city start considering some taller buildings then.

There's plenty of Urban Condo Developments going on right now in Rogers.

There are 3 Four Story Condo Buildings being constructed behind the Scottsdale Center.

There's the Condos at the Peaks Development off Pleasant Grove Road that's suppose to be finishing soon.

Pinnacle is making plenty of Midrises off Perry Road for Condos, especially in the Shopps at Pinnacle Hills.

Then, there's the Myers Ranch project that is suppose to have 3 10 story condo buildings.

There's a few more, but I can't think of them right now.

Then, there's the 2-16 story buildings...that's why I said Rogers would probably make the best candidate for a skyline, since they're already building some. I need to get up there soon and see what all has been done since my last visit during the summer.

post-7516-1136090487_thumb.jpg

Then, there's the 2-16 story buildings...that's why I said Rogers would probably make the best candidate for a skyline, since they're already building some. I need to get up there soon and see what all has been done since my last visit during the summer.

Yes, Rogers has around 10 or so 8+ buildings planned within a 3 mile stretch along I-540.

I had forgotten about the 2 16 story buildings that Pinnacle is planning, but I think those will take 5+ years until construction starts. Pinnacle is waiting on the Shopps project to fill up first before they start building more midrises and highrises in the area.

I knew I hadn't heard much about those in a while...wasn't sure what the holdup is.

There was a lawsuit with the Architecture firm that designed the buildings (Leo. A. Daly). That held things up, and the fact that Pinnacle is working on the Promenade and the Shopps.

I'm sure these will be built, it's just going to take some time.

Skyscrapers don't just happen overnight and there aren't many skyscrapers being built anymore like they were in the 70's and 80's. For this area to all of a sudden start building skyscrapers is a good thing but it'll take patience to see our skylines change drastically. I don't expect the skyline to change much for at least 10 to 20 years. But it will be a gradula change and not something anyone will notice much anyway. I got to a point that I don't even notice the Embassy Suites anymore and more tall building have been added since it was built.

Skyscrapers don't just happen overnight and there aren't many skyscrapers being built anymore like they were in the 70's and 80's. For this area to all of a sudden start building skyscrapers is a good thing but it'll take patience to see our skylines change drastically. I don't expect the skyline to change much for at least 10 to 20 years. But it will be a gradula change and not something anyone will notice much anyway. I got to a point that I don't even notice the Embassy Suites anymore and more tall building have been added since it was built.

Good point. Although I imagine some of us here on the forum might notice the gradual change more than others. :D

Archived