Legacy Building in Fayetteville

Mith242

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesn't have to deal with the Legacy Building itself but to the Barber Group. In an e-mail I got from them they mentioned to feel free to ask about any of their NWA developments or other developments throughout the south. I hadn't realized they had developments outside NWA and in particular throughout the south. Anyone else heard anything about this?

This doesn't have to deal with the Legacy Building itself but to the Barber Group. In an e-mail I got from them they mentioned to feel free to ask about any of their NWA developments or other developments throughout the south. I hadn't realized they had developments outside NWA and in particular throughout the south. Anyone else heard anything about this?

I wouldn't be surprised with Barber's connections with the Chambers Bank and the Jones' of Dallas. They are quite the innovative group aren't they. :D

Yeah, if you consider marrying a member of the Chambers family "innovative".

That's actually what I meant by "innovative". Both the CEO of Barber (whatever his name is) and his president of Barber Group (?) married a Chambers daughter... that's "innovative".

They are also working on a condo development in Nashville. And about the Chambers, It seems like everyone in the company is married to one. Both CEO and Pres have hooked one in. What I don't understand, if Benton county is where the development is, why are the Barbers proposing over 200 million in projects in Fayetteville and not even placing anywhere in Benton county on the drawing boards? Hell, they're moving out of state before they start up there!

They are also working on a condo development in Nashville. And about the Chambers, It seems like everyone in the company is married to one. Both CEO and Pres have hooked one in. What I don't understand, if Benton county is where the development is, why are the Barbers proposing over 200 million in projects in Fayetteville and not even placing anywhere in Benton county on the drawing boards? Hell, they're moving out of state before they start up there!

My guess is they don't want to butt heads with the biggest developers in the Region... J.B. Hunt, Gene George and Bill Schwyhart. Besides all the land up here has already been bought years ago.

Actually, the Barber Group is planning a large tower somewhere in Benton County, my guess would be near Perry Rd.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the last beam of the steel frame was put in place today. Not sure how much longer the crane will be there. Maybe it will end up getting moved just slightly to the Lofts at Underwood Plaza location down the street or maybe the Renaissance Tower over by the Square.

Apparently the last beam of the steel frame was put in place today. Not sure how much longer the crane will be there. Maybe it will end up getting moved just slightly to the Lofts at Underwood Plaza location down the street or maybe the Renaissance Tower over by the Square.

I was kind of hoping that they would get all of these projects going at once. I would kind of like to see 4 or 5 big crains working in the downtown and university area.

The Legacy had a topping out ceremony the other day. The last piece of metal was placed and so the height is now what you see. I am hoping that they move this crain right on over to the Underwood building so that they can get started on that. The classic cedar tree has been placed on the highest point of the building, just in case you are superstitious. The walls should start coming up within a few weeks.

I'm not sure when the Lofts at Underwood Plaza will start. I thought someone said they were still reworking their plans because they had to change their design for the City Council. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the Legacy Building coming along some more.

• 5 weeks later...

It was early morning and the lighting isn't the greatest to actually see what's going on with the construction. But I thought I'd post them anyway.

img9900ss2fm.jpg

img10001ss9cn.jpg

img10002ss8jr.jpg

img10030ss6pj.jpg

Okay I uploaded all the pics again, so hopefullu everything will work this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a different angle on the Legacy Building. I came across this by accident while I was looking around for potential areas to take some sunset pics. Unfortunately I can't remember which street this is now. I'll have to see if I can figure it out.

img10619ss2oi.jpg

Here's a different angle on the Legacy Building. I came across this by accident while I was looking around for potential areas to take some sunset pics. Unfortunately I can't remember which street this is now. I'll have to see if I can figure it out.

I would have to guess north School steet just south of Meadow. Either way another interesting angle.

Archived