Legacy Building in Fayetteville

Mith242

I saw the Legacy Building and Barber Group ad in the Paper today at work. The 20 Story Hotel/ Condo Tower looks like it could be in the Pinnacle Area south of the Shopps, because on the left is a two story building that looks exactly like one in the Shopps finished recently.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the Legacy Building and Barber Group ad in the Paper today at work. The 20 Story Hotel/ Condo Tower looks like it could be in the Pinnacle Area south of the Shopps, because on the left is a two story building that looks exactly like one in the Shopps finished recently.

Yeah I thought it looked like something that would fit in up there too.

I should have done something like this before. But anyway here is a map mainly showing the Dickson St and Square area of Fayetteville. Not the greatest job in the world but hopefully everyone will be able to see will be able to see where many of these developments are taking place in conjunction with each other.

fmap022ax.gif

I imagined the condo projects to be clustered together a little more. Hopefully a little more infill is done between those projects.

Perhaps I should have done more than a dot for where the building is. Those dots don't really represent how big the buildings are. The blocks may not be as big as you might think either. The Renaissance Tower for instance takes up about half of that block it's on.

So these are all within a short walking distance of each other.

Not sure how short but yeah they're all within walking distance. Granted the Square is a little bit of a walk say from the university. But if this gives you any idea I often have walked between a lot of these areas when I go take pics. Just this past weekend I parked near the Walton Arts Center, walked over to the campus then walked down University Ave to Evergreen Cemetery (the green area to the left of the map) Walked over to Spring St walked down it to College Ave. Walked past the Old Courthouse and Renaissance Tower construction site over to the Square. Then walked back to Dickson and took pics of the Legacy Building construction site. Took around two hours, and of course I spent a lot of time taking pics and stopped a while at the cemetery to look around.

Brandon Barber, the twenty-something budding mogul behind The Barber Group, has kept semi-secret his plans for a new development along Joyce Boulevard adjacent to the Procter & Gamble building in Fayetteville.

There's been a sentence uttered here at the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce construction industry honors dinner held in December and a whisper there in development circles.

Barber recently did a little more than whisper and gave a rough outline of his plans, which include a goal of constructing the tallest building in Benton and Washington counties.

Barber's Joyce Boulevard development will include two or three multistory buildings worth $250 million to $300 million, including 500,000 square feet of residential, office and retail space.

Barber said he will name the development this month, when plans are submitted to Fayetteville city officials.

"It will be the biggest mixed-use development in Fayetteville" proper, Barber said, without going to the city's fringes and developing newly annexed or open land.

He predicts it will take five to 10 years to complete the project, with half of the money spent within the first two or three years.

Barber said the buildings will have class A office space, complete with security guards who double-check names and appointment times. At least one building will have a penthouse restaurant, Barber said.

Barber may have to improve Joyce Boulevard to handle traffic to and from the buildings. He said rough plans include installing turn lanes and a traffic light.

Barber also plans to build two combination condominium/hotel buildings, one in Benton County and one in Washington County.

"We are continuing to do our study, but this market is ready for it," Barber said. "We are negotiating with two different brands right now."

Without saying which development will go where, Barber said one will be a $30 million to $40 million boutique hotel and the other a $60 million to $70 million luxury hotel, similar to W, the high-end Starwood Resorts brand.

The hotels would have concierge service to help guests procure tickets to Walton Arts Center shows and Razorback games.

Barber said he wants to seal the deal for the Washington County property first, then proceed to Benton County. He said he thinks Benton County will be an easier sell on another multistory, high-end building, with the proliferating construction of high-end, multistory buildings in the Pinnacle area in western Rogers.

Wow, that's some news RemusCal, thanks for the info. I have to say I really like what the Barber Group has been doing. I haven't really looked into some of their more regular housing units and such but most of their developments seem like good quality developments. I do wish some of the plans for the ones here in Fayetteville would be closer to the downtown area. I'd personally like to see more of a skyline take place around there. I'm just wondering if the city council will have any problems with these taller developments on Joyce. It would seem to me that the city council would be more likely to agree with the developments if they were more in the downtown area and didn't stick out so much like they would do around Joyce. Hopefully we'll hear some more about this in the near future. :D

Barber recently did a little more than whisper and gave a rough outline of his plans, which include a goal of constructing the tallest building in Benton and Washington counties.

Barber said the buildings will have class A office space, complete with security guards who double-check names and appointment times. At least one building will have a penthouse restaurant, Barber said.

Barber may have to improve Joyce Boulevard to handle traffic to and from the buildings. He said rough plans include installing turn lanes and a traffic light.

Barber also plans to build two combination condominium/hotel buildings, one in Benton County and one in Washington County.

Without saying which development will go where, Barber said one will be a $30 million to $40 million boutique hotel and the other a $60 million to $70 million luxury hotel, similar to W, the high-end Starwood Resorts brand.

Barber said he wants to seal the deal for the Washington County property first, then proceed to Benton County. He said he thinks Benton County will be an easier sell on another multistory, high-end building, with the proliferating construction of high-end, multistory buildings in the Pinnacle area in western Rogers.

I like how this group wants to build the tallest buildings in Washington and Benton County. It's interesting especially because the Renaissance Developers and Pinnacle are giving them a run for their money.

I'm not sure who's going to get the more expensive Luxury Hotel/Condo Project. It looks like they are going to build in the Pinnacle Region which is great news for the Density out there. I hope it comes to a nice 20+ floor building out there.

I like how this group wants to build the tallest buildings in Washington and Benton County. It's interesting especially because the Renaissance Developers and Pinnacle are giving them a run for their money.

I'm not sure who's going to get the more expensive Luxury Hotel/Condo Project. It looks like they are going to build in the Pinnacle Region which is great news for the Density out there. I hope it comes to a nice 20+ floor building out there.

I agree I do like the way the Barber Group thinks. I do wish they would do some of this closer to the Fayetteville downtown area but I guess this might start more of a skyline going on in northern Fayetteville around Joyce.

I agree I do like the way the Barber Group thinks. I do wish they would do some of this closer to the Fayetteville downtown area but I guess this might start more of a skyline going on in northern Fayetteville around Joyce.

That project is amazing, I can't believe it's around $300 Million. It's a great location for a skyline, and I can't wait for it to be done.

I'm glad to see another group in NWA that is dedicated to giving NWA more of a skyline. Most developers up here in Bentonville make those disguisting one story Vendor Offices.

That project is amazing, I can't believe it's around $300 Million. It's a great location for a skyline, and I can't wait for it to be done.

I'm glad to see another group in NWA that is dedicated to giving NWA more of a skyline. Most developers up here in Bentonville make those disguisting one story Vendor Offices.

Yeah I won't complain too much. I would like one concentrated area for skyscrapers more like what Little Rock has. Not that we're going to be anything like that. But maybe we can have the downtown area with a more tradtional, classical skyline look and a more modern look over at the Joyce area.

Yeah I won't complain too much. I would like one concentrated area for skyscrapers more like what Little Rock has. Not that we're going to be anything like that. But maybe we can have the downtown area with a more tradtional, classical skyline look and a more modern look over at the Joyce area.

I'd rather see a scattered skyscraper skyline like in Dallas... due to all the hills we have up here compared to Little Rock having a concentrated skyscraper skyline would only be visible from a few miles.

I'd rather see a scattered skyscraper skyline like in Dallas... due to all the hills we have up here compared to Little Rock having a concentrated skyscraper skyline would only be visible from a few miles.

But that would be a great view coming on I-540 from the south. You get over that last ridge and suddenly see Fayetteville. I'd really like to have a nice skyline easily visible from that area right there. I don't think any building from northern Fayetteville will show up there.

But that would be a great view coming on I-540 from the south. You get over that last ridge and suddenly see Fayetteville. I'd really like to have a nice skyline easily visible from that area right there. I don't think any building from northern Fayetteville will show up there.

True. It would have a greater impact coming down I-540... I already get chills when I'm driving I-540 at night and Fayetteville comes into view. A few more highrises would be cool. It's just that people tend to think when you get past Fayetteville everything north is just rural countryside.

True. It would have a greater impact coming down I-540... I already get chills when I'm driving I-540 at night and Fayetteville comes into view. A few more highrises would be cool. It's just that people tend to think when you get past Fayetteville everything north is just rural countryside.

True, but that's why it will be nice as the Rogers/Bentonville area develope it's own skyline too. But yeah I'd love to see that view from I-540 with a few more highrises. That reminds me I have to see if I can get some pics from there. I tried with my old camera but everything was just a little too far away to look very good. My new camera has a lot better zoom so we'll have to see how things turn out. Although I haven't tried taking any at night yet from that view.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd heard about the Mason's but not about a restaurant. I thought surely they'd have something else besides Mason's. I wonder when they'll release info on the restaurant. Course maybe they haven't finalized anything yet either.

The restaurant sounds to me it will be more of a local restaurant, instead of a chain.

The restaurant sounds to me it will be more of a local restaurant, instead of a chain.

La Huerta! Then again they might want something a little more upscale than that. I'm still waiting for a location around the Dickson St/Square are for La Huerta.

La Huerta! Then again they might want something a little more upscale than that. I'm still waiting for a location around the Dickson St/Square are for La Huerta.

I think a nice Coffeeshop or Raw Food Restaurant kind of deal would work well with the Upscale "hip" look Barber is going for.

The La Huerta is going into the old Cafe Santa-Fe building on the square. Unless they have changed plans in the last few weeks.

The legacy building, from what I read a few months ago, was supposed to have a restaurant run by one of the Batchelor guys from the TV show. Sounds crazy I know, but he is from Ok City, and I don't have a clue what the draw to Fayetteville is, but I believe I read it on NWA Business Journal. Anyway, I know it sounds stupid but I have heard the rumor a few times. I have also been told that becuase the project is within 300 ft of a church (UBC) that they may not sell alcohol. That is all I know on that for now...Let me know what you think.

Archived