Legacy Building in Fayetteville

Mith242

The La Huerta is going into the old Cafe Santa-Fe building on the square. Unless they have changed plans in the last few weeks.

The legacy building, from what I read a few months ago, was supposed to have a restaurant run by one of the Batchelor guys from the TV show. Sounds crazy I know, but he is from Ok City, and I don't have a clue what the draw to Fayetteville is, but I believe I read it on NWA Business Journal. Anyway, I know it sounds stupid but I have heard the rumor a few times. I have also been told that becuase the project is within 300 ft of a church (UBC) that they may not sell alcohol. That is all I know on that for now...Let me know what you think.

I remember hearing about that. Thanks strmchsr77!! If they are in close proximity to a church, than I'm thinking that this restaurant is going to become more of a cafe kind of deal. A coffee house or Raw Food Restaurant is what I'm hoping on, and it's something young "hip".

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The La Huerta is going into the old Cafe Santa-Fe building on the square. Unless they have changed plans in the last few weeks.

The legacy building, from what I read a few months ago, was supposed to have a restaurant run by one of the Batchelor guys from the TV show. Sounds crazy I know, but he is from Ok City, and I don't have a clue what the draw to Fayetteville is, but I believe I read it on NWA Business Journal. Anyway, I know it sounds stupid but I have heard the rumor a few times. I have also been told that becuase the project is within 300 ft of a church (UBC) that they may not sell alcohol. That is all I know on that for now...Let me know what you think.

I think it was das450 who said La Huerta had backed out of the old Cafe Santa Fe location. So I'm not sure what's going on now.

It looks like it's coming along quite good.

Nice shots Mith!!

Yeah I had hoped for just a little more progress. I was really surprised what they had done in a two week period not long ago. But still it's coming along nicely. There's still some available Matt, this could be your new home. :lol:

Yeah I had hoped for just a little more progress. I was really surprised what they had done in a two week period not long ago. But still it's coming along nicely. There's still some available Matt, this could be your new home. :lol:

Ha.

I might consider looking into them. I am happy with where I live though. I wouldn't mind the Urban lifestyle. Tell me, do you live in a condo near downtown?

Ha.

I might consider looking into them. I am happy with where I live though. I wouldn't mind the Urban lifestyle. Tell me, do you live in a condo near downtown?

No, I live further north of the downtown area. I certainly wouldn't mind living around the downtown area though. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics Mith, looks like it's coming along real well.

Yeah it's one of the few developments that really seem to be doing much during the winter. Although I do need to go by the Spring St Lofts too. They're also owned by the Barber Group so maybe they're also progressing well too.

Nice Pics Mith!! :thumbsup:

I'm glad to see that they are up to floor 3, this is about the only Mixed Use Project that has steel going up. I guess the others don't want to have to work in the cold. :lol:

Yeah as far as I know it is. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen Nelson's Crossing or the Renaissance Tower putting in any steel yet. I haven't checked the Springs Street Lofts recently. I might go check them out a little later today.

Yeah I think it will certainly change the skyline in that area of the city. Just seeing how it's standing out already and they haven't even reached the full height that it will be. Makes me wonder what the Lofts at Underwood Plaza will be like too.

I guess I didn't realize how close this thing is to Dixon.

Yeah keep in kind blocks around the downtown area are rather small. Even though it actually lies on the north part of that block and will be on Campbell it's really just a short walk to Dickson.

I just realized in that last pic there-- it may ecplise the UBC 'fortress' as the eye catcher in that immediate area. I never was a big fan of that 'Unbelievably Big Cult' (what was the nickname of UBC as a kid at least) building... but then again I'm a methodist. [insert Methodist-Baptist joke here] :D

I just realized in that last pic there-- it may ecplise the UBC 'fortress' as the eye catcher in that immediate area. I never was a big fan of that 'Unbelievably Big Cult' (what was the nickname of UBC as a kid at least) building... but then again I'm a methodist. [insert Methodist-Baptist joke here] :D

I do think that the Legacy Building and the Lofts at Underwood Plaza will certainly become the main 'eye catchers' for Dickson St. Granted there's still one possible mixed-use development that's in a holding parttern waiting to see how these others work out. I'm curious how that's going to turn out. I don't even think they've submitted any plans or designs yet.

Archived