Renaissance Tower Development in Fayetteville

Mith242

I'm sure in compliance with the Fayetteville Downtown Master Plan more middle class condos will be developed in the Downtown area. Also, to answer your comment on the price of the condo's, I believe that they were starting around $200,000 or so.

Also, do you know how many stories they are adding onto the Bank of America Building for condos?

It's been a while since I read the article, but I was thinking it was something like maybe 5 stories. Nothing real major. For that matter it seemed a little odd that someone would decide to do it like that instead of just finding some available land nearby. Although I can imagine condos that actually overlook the Square to be quite a hit.

I almost hope they leave options available to where they can add even more stories on if there's more demand.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that makes 5 large scale condo projects in Fayetteville that I can think of

Bank of America building - 5 stories

Mountain Inn Project - 16 stories

Legacy Building - 5 or 6 stories

Barnhill Condo's - 5 stories I think

Underwood Plaza - 8 stories

Fayetteville's Skyline is really moving along.

I think that makes 5 large scale condo projects in Fayetteville that I can think of

Bank of America building - 5 stories

Mountain Inn Project - 16 stories

Legacy Building - 5 or 6 stories

Barnhill Condo's - 5 stories I think

Underwood Plaza - 8 stories

Fayetteville's Skyline is really moving along.

Now some of those won't be all condos. Most of the Renaissance Tower (the former Mountain Inn location) will be hotel but the top floors will be condos. I think the bottom floor of the Legacy Building will be retail or office space. And I would imagine the same would be for the Underwood Lofts. I think the Barnhill Condos will be the only to pretty much be strictly condos only. What might happen is eventually if demand doesn't waver there might be a larger condo building built that might be strictly or mainlt condos. Although I can't say I have a problem with the mixed-use buildings.

Now some of those won't be all condos. Most of the Renaissance Tower (the former Mountain Inn location) will be hotel but the top floors will be condos. I think the bottom floor of the Legacy Building will be retail or office space. And I would imagine the same would be for the Underwood Lofts. I think the Barnhill Condos will be the only to pretty much be strictly condos only. What might happen is eventually if demand doesn't waver there might be a larger condo building built that might be strictly or mainlt condos. Although I can't say I have a problem with the mixed-use buildings.

Yeah, I know that the Renaissance Tower is going to include a hotel along with some office space and such.

Legacy Building is supposed to have a Mason's and more retail space.

I'm sure if demand is high enough, a strict downtown condo project where it would be 10+ stories is very possible. There's a lot of young people in Benton County that I'm sure would love to live in a condo in Fayetteville and work in Benton County, not to mention the UofA.

Yeah, I know that the Renaissance Tower is going to include a hotel along with some office space and such.

Legacy Building is supposed to have a Mason's and more retail space.

I'm sure if demand is high enough, a strict downtown condo project where it would be 10+ stories is very possible. There's a lot of young people in Benton County that I'm sure would love to live in a condo in Fayetteville and work in Benton County, not to mention the UofA.

Another 10+ building in the area would be nice. I still find it interesting that in spite of all that's going on in Benton County that Fayetteville still remains a top place to live even for people who might spend most of their time in Benton County.

• 1 month later...

I probably should start breaking down some of these topics instead of putting them all under the Fayetteville topic. Perhaps later. I found out that the Renaissance Tower has made a deal with Crowne Plaza Hotel apparently. I caught this info second hand, I'm a bit surprised I never heard this mentioned before. Last I had heard they were keeping silent until everything was finalized. College Ave could soon be a major headache to travel near the downtown. They already have one lane shut down for the Renaissance Tower construction and now it sounds like they may have to shut down another next year. They will be renovating the Old Courthouse which is basically right across the street from the future Renaissance Tower. It's possible they mat have to shut down a lane on the other side of College Ave to put up scaffolding cutting down the road to just a 2 lanes road. Colleg Ave is the main road through Fayetteville so traffic could get really bad around the downtown area. No news on how long they may possibly have to shut down a lane to renovate the Old Courthouse. I'm glad I took some pics of it before all the scaffolding is put up around it.

That's what I've heard. They acted like the info was public knowledge already but I hadn't heard anything about it till today.

It was supposed to become a Crowne Plaza 3-4 years ago but at that time they were still trying to keep the structure intact to do it. It would be smallish for a Crowne Plaza.

Fayetteville needs a higher end hotel in a bad way. The old Hilton dropped back a class to being a Radisson rather than being extensively renovated the way the one on University in LR was. In my mind, I would think Fayetteville would easily support two upscale hotels.

It was supposed to become a Crowne Plaza 3-4 years ago but at that time they were still trying to keep the structure intact to do it. It would be smallish for a Crowne Plaza.

Fayetteville needs a higher end hotel in a bad way. The old Hilton dropped back a class to being a Radisson rather than being extensively renovated the way the one on University in LR was. In my mind, I would think Fayetteville would easily support two upscale hotels.

I think in general, NWA needs more upscale hotels.

I think in general, NWA needs more upscale hotels.

I agree, but I think Fayetteville is better suited for the really upscale ones as it offers more of a downtown/entertainment district and the UA generates a huge demand for hotel rooms. I think Benton Co could support one and Fayetteville two or more. However, John Q Hammons slammed Fayetteville a couple of years ago and said it was unsuitable for nice hotels because of the number of lower tier discount motels there and little demand compared to Benton Co. I would disagree, but I haven't exactly made millions in the hotel industry.

I agree, but I think Fayetteville is better suited for the really upscale ones as it offers more of a downtown/entertainment district and the UA generates a huge demand for hotel rooms. I think Benton Co could support one and Fayetteville two or more. However, John Q Hammons slammed Fayetteville a couple of years ago and said it was unsuitable for nice hotels because of the number of lower tier discount motels there and little demand compared to Benton Co. I would disagree, but I haven't exactly made millions in the hotel industry.

I remember Hammons slamming Fayetteville and saying how the area was dead and that the future was for Benton County.

While Benton County is certainly the hot spot I wouldn't say Fayetteville is dead. Not sure where he got that from. I agree with you guys I think Fayetteville really could use one if not two nice upscale hotels. We may not have all the business travelers as Benton County does but I would think that Fayetteville's downtown area could draw in more upscale tourist if there was a better hotel around the area. Wonder what Fayetteville did to get him to say something like that. Maybe Fayetteville turned down one of his hotels in the past or something.

While Benton County is certainly the hot spot I wouldn't say Fayetteville is dead. Not sure where he got that from. I agree with you guys I think Fayetteville really could use one if not two nice upscale hotels. We may not have all the business travelers as Benton County does but I would think that Fayetteville's downtown area could draw in more upscale tourist if there was a better hotel around the area. Wonder what Fayetteville did to get him to say something like that. Maybe Fayetteville turned down one of his hotels in the past or something.

I wondered the same.

There are always going to be guests coming to the University or parents coming to see their children that want a decent place to stay and are more Hilton types than La Quinta types. That's why I think Fayetteville merits more nice hotels.

I wondered the same.

There are always going to be guests coming to the University or parents coming to see their children that want a decent place to stay and are more Hilton types than La Quinta types. That's why I think Fayetteville merits more nice hotels.

I agree with you there too. At least the Renaissance Tower will have a Crowne Plaza. Although as Matt said it won't be a very big one with much of the tower being used for other purposes also. I'd still like to see another nice hotel in Fayetteville sometime in the near future. Let's show Hammons he missed out. :D

I agree with you there too. At least the Renaissance Tower will have a Crowne Plaza. Although as Matt said it won't be a very big one with much of the tower being used for other purposes also. I'd still like to see another nice hotel in Fayetteville sometime in the near future. Let's show Hammons he missed out. :D

I don't think Hammons slammed Fayetteville because he missed out, but more that he thought Benton County was where all the growth was going to be, and especially with Wal-Mart, it's vendors, and JB Hunt, he felt the need that an upscale hotel was needed in Benton County.

I do think that Fayetteville could use another upscale hotel, I don't know where it would go, other than Downtown.

I don't think Hammons slammed Fayetteville because he missed out, but more that he thought Benton County was where all the growth was going to be, and especially with Wal-Mart, it's vendors, and JB Hunt, he felt the need that an upscale hotel was needed in Benton County.

I do think that Fayetteville could use another upscale hotel, I don't know where it would go, other than Downtown.

I do think downtown is the obvious choice for an upscale hotel. I think in a few years much of the downtown area will be a great place to be and I'm hoping there wilol be considerations for another upscale hotel in the area.

It wasn't growth he mentioned as much as the presence of many discount motels. He felt that Fayetteville was overbuilt with cheaper motels and that Benton Co was underserved, even before it started growing. Judging from the big gap between LR area hotels and what's available in NWA I think he's right. I just don't see how all of the "discount motels" as he called them really change anything as they are targeting a different demographic.

Regardless, they'll all cost $200 a night on game weekends. Bastages.

It wasn't growth he mentioned as much as the presence of many discount motels. He felt that Fayetteville was overbuilt with cheaper motels and that Benton Co was underserved, even before it started growing. Judging from the big gap between LR area hotels and what's available in NWA I think he's right. I just don't see how all of the "discount motels" as he called them really change anything as they are targeting a different demographic.

Regardless, they'll all cost $200 a night on game weekends. Bastages.

I do agree with the fact that Benton County was underserved. And that is where a lot of growth is going on and it's only natural to focus a lot on that area. I just don't think Fayetteville should be overlooked as he seems to be doing. I also agree with you on the 'discount motels'. I don't think people considering staying at a upsclae hotel are going to change their minds because they can save a few bucks staying at a discount motel.

I do agree with the fact that Benton County was underserved. And that is where a lot of growth is going on and it's only natural to focus a lot on that area. I just don't think Fayetteville should be overlooked as he seems to be doing. I also agree with you on the 'discount motels'. I don't think people considering staying at a upsclae hotel are going to change their minds because they can save a few bucks staying at a discount motel.

Well looks like the info about the Renaissance Tower having a Crowne Plaza Hotel were wrong. Apparently the previous owners of the buildings had been looking into a partnership with Crowne Plaza. The current owners have said they haven't contected Crowne Plaza. So I guess we still don't know what hotel will be associated with the Renaissance Tower. There was an article today in the Northwest Arkansas Times talking about how they will have to keep having lanes shut down around the project most of the time next year. Looks like possibly into the 2007 year also. Apparently the facade of the building is projected to be finished in Feb 2007. The whole place won't be ready till football season later that year though.

Maybe I can bug Matt to change the title of this topic to Renaissance Tower Dvelopment in Fayetteville. When I first posted this I didn't know what was going to be the name of the new development. At the time they were mainly talking the demolition of the old Mountain Inn.

Archived