Renaissance Tower Development in Fayetteville

Mith242

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Renaissance Tower gets built I think it'll be the first of many skyscrapers soon to be built in NWA that should get featured at SkyscraperPage.com. After all you're not really urban until your town's been featured at that website. Little Rock has 29 skyscrapers featured and there's no other Arkansas towns listed. If anyone here knows anyone running that website maybe you can put in a good word for NWA.

Visit SkyscraperPage.com

If you look closely, you'll see some of the diagrams were submitted by GSCullum, a forum member here.

If you look closely, you'll see some of the diagrams were submitted by GSCullum, a forum member here.

Yeah I almost mentioned that. He did a very nice job too. I do find the buildings info and drawings interesting. But I can't say I've been overly impressed with the forums personally. I like UP much better. :D

It might be, I'll have to look at some of my pics and count the floors. :D

I'm just curious why it's not mentioned but the Simmons Bank Building in Pine Bluff is. Does ithe website mainly focus on office buildings?

The website, SkyscraperPage.com, mentions every form of skyscraper that exists. It's fun to just play with their advanced search engine to find unique buildings, some that are just someones fantasy. As far as how tall a building has to be, Hot Springs has 4 buildings listed and the tallest is 16 stories. I know it's not just office buildings that are listed because most buildings being built around the world today are mixed-use such as the ones we're seeing in NWA. It boils down to the website administrators just don't know what's going on in our neck of the woods... for now.

The website, SkyscraperPage.com, mentions every form of skyscraper that exists. It's fun to just play with their advanced search engine to find unique buildings, some that are just someones fantasy. As far as how tall a building has to be, Hot Springs has 4 buildings listed and the tallest is 16 stories. I know it's not just office buildings that are listed because most buildings being built around the world today are mixed-use such as the ones we're seeing in NWA. It boils down to the website administrators just don't know what's going on in our neck of the woods... for now.

After looking around a little I think what applies here at UP applies there also. It depends on if there are people from a particular area. I imagine there's not many people from NWA there so there never have been any buildings mentioned from up here. I saw some states have buildings listed that were under 4 stories. I mean come on even if it was historic or something that seems silly to have buildings like that listed but areas like NWA have nothing listed at all. Seeing drawings of the buildings is interesting I admit but Urban Planet's forum is much better.

After looking around a little I think what applies here at UP applies there also. It depends on if there are people from a particular area. I imagine there's not many people from NWA there so there never have been any buildings mentioned from up here. I saw some states have buildings listed that were under 4 stories. I mean come on even if it was historic or something that seems silly to have buildings like that listed but areas like NWA have nothing listed at all. Seeing drawings of the buildings is interesting I admit but Urban Planet's forum is much better.

That's why I'm here instead of there. I just like the pretty pictures of buildings at SkyscraperPage.com :D

Although, I do like the photos posted in the forums here. Do you have any idea of how hard it is to find decent pictures of NWA!

That's why I'm here instead of there. I just like the pretty pictures of buildings at SkyscraperPage.com :D

Although, I do like the photos posted in the forums here. Do you have any idea of how hard it is to find decent pictures of NWA!

Yeah I think that's why there were few pics posted that were found on the internet compared to an area like Little Rock. With the holidays over I'm hoping to start getting out more and getting more pics around the NWA area. Maybe Matt will get a camera too. :D

Yeah I think that's why there were few pics posted that were found on the internet compared to an area like Little Rock. With the holidays over I'm hoping to start getting out more and getting more pics around the NWA area. Maybe Matt will get a camera too. :D

I keep forgetting to buy one. I just bought an Ipod, so it might be a bit longer.

I keep forgetting to buy one. I just bought an Ipod, so it might be a bit longer.

I'm the opposite I'm buying a new camera before I consider getting an Ipod. I walked by the construction site of the Renaissance Tower. I was a bit disappointed to not see anything done it seems since the last time I was over there.

I should have done something like this before. But anyway here is a map mainly showing the Dickson St and Square area of Fayetteville. Not the greatest job in the world but hopefully everyone will be able to see will be able to see where many of these developments are taking place in conjunction with each other.

fmap022ax.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't seen much going on over at the site. It looks like they're carefully tearing down some parts of old buildings that are attached to the restaurants open over on Center St. I do have some info on the old Mountain Inn. Too bad I didn't take any pics of it till it was too late. But anyway the orginal structure was called the Mountain House. I don't have any dates on it. Bit it was damaged by a cyclone in 1881. Guess they were called hurricanes back then? When it was repaired it was renamed as the Oriental Hotel. I don't have any of the more recent history of the building yet. But I do know from what I saw it had to be remodeled quite a bit because I don't recall the Mountain Inn looking that historic. Maybe they simply expanded and built around the old Oriental Hotel.

I was wanting to go out and try out my new wide angle lens and didn't have time to go anywhere very far away. Thought I might check out the Renaissance Tower site to see what was going on as well. I posted two pics just to show Nate the difference between the regular and wide angle. :D

img0820s3ck.jpg

img0821s5as.jpg

That last shot is amazing, I had no idea the Renaissance Tower was going to be near the Old City Building.

It's basically just across the street from it. Although I guess Center St is technically right in front of the Old Courthouse, see pic on Pic of the Day in NWA to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...ic=18381&st=210

• 4 weeks later...

I'll take that.

As long as they aren't visible from the street or something like that.

I believe the backs of those buildings will pretty much be up against the future Renaissance Tower. I'm pretty sure the development is going to take up the entire open area on this block.

Archived