Renaissance Tower Development in Fayetteville

Mith242

Don't think this is going to come as any surprised but looks like this plot of land is going to remain a parking lot for a while. I guess we can all hope at some point a revived Renaissance project might eventually happen here. But I get the impression it's going to be a while and for that matter when that time comes around the project might end up being quite a bit different from the original plans.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think this is going to come as any surprised but looks like this plot of land is going to remain a parking lot for a while. I guess we can all hope at some point a revived Renaissance project might eventually happen here. But I get the impression it's going to be a while and for that matter when that time comes around the project might end up being quite a bit different from the original plans.

I wish it weren't so but I doubt we will ever see this project go ahead and like you said, if anything does go there it will be different. The same developers won't be involved. It seems a lot more likely that they Cosmo will get completely overhauled to me.

Still need a good hotel in downtown Fay--don't care what anyone says. We put up a lot of folks at the Dickson St. Inn--it is nice but small and frequently sold out.

Mark

I wish it weren't so but I doubt we will ever see this project go ahead and like you said, if anything does go there it will be different. The same developers won't be involved. It seems a lot more likely that they Cosmo will get completely overhauled to me.

Still need a good hotel in downtown Fay--don't care what anyone says. We put up a lot of folks at the Dickson St. Inn--it is nice but small and frequently sold out.

Mark

Yeah I certainly agree with you on Fayetteville needing a good downtown hotel. But as you said, maybe this way they can focus more on the Cosmo and get that heading in the right direction.

Yeah I certainly agree with you on Fayetteville needing a good downtown hotel. But as you said, maybe this way they can focus more on the Cosmo and get that heading in the right direction.

The Cosmo has basically been forclosed upon and is being marketed for sale. Nock/Alexander have no funds for redelevopment and nothing will be done until it transacts.

The Cosmo has basically been forclosed upon and is being marketed for sale. Nock/Alexander have no funds for redelevopment and nothing will be done until it transacts.

I'm fully aware of that, of course. I am just saying that a redone Cosmo is a whole lot more likely than a new Ren. Forgot Nock and Company as developers of either....

M

Yeah, whichever bank or owner of the Cosmo is more likely to remodel the current Cosmo, rather than someone else build some sort of 'new Renaissance' at that location. Sorry for the confusion. I knew what you meant.

Rumour is there's a contract on the Cosmo with a closing date in September! Lets hope it goes through!

Yeah, whichever bank or owner of the Cosmo is more likely to remodel the current Cosmo, rather than someone else build some sort of 'new Renaissance' at that location. Sorry for the confusion. I knew what you meant.

Rumour is there's a contract on the Cosmo with a closing date in September! Lets hope it goes through!

Let's hope if that is true it is an owner who wants to invest in the property to make it better. A new owner who doesn't do anything--or one that downgrades the hotel even further--won't be a positive!

M

Let's hope if that is true it is an owner who wants to invest in the property to make it better. A new owner who doesn't do anything--or one that downgrades the hotel even further--won't be a positive!

M

If the group that i heard has the property under contract actually closes on the property, it will be a game changer for that area and for downtown. But, you never know what will happen between now and September.

If the group that i heard has the property under contract actually closes on the property, it will be a game changer for that area and for downtown. But, you never know what will happen between now and September.

Too true! In the world of finance anything can happen in sixty days! But lets hope this goes through because the Cosmo has had nothing but vampires for owners over the last ten years and it deserves a better fate. It really would be a great thing for the square and the City if it was turned into a first class hotel!

Too true! In the world of finance anything can happen in sixty days! But lets hope this goes through because the Cosmo has had nothing but vampires for owners over the last ten years and it deserves a better fate. It really would be a great thing for the square and the City if it was turned into a first class hotel!

Amen to that! With a nice restaurant, too--and valet parking!

Mark

It is rather like South Florida but at least it's not pink like the Ocala Hilton!

My wife used to do some of those color studies on hotels. She did one for a hotel in Bermuda and when we went there we rode past it on a scooter and there it was, all pinked out. She had only worked with photographs and never actually seen it prior to that point!

Mark

Archived