Renaissance Tower Development in Fayetteville

Mith242

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pics!!

Do they have any plans for those run-down buildings in the background. I'd really like to see them preserve those buildings and make mixed-use projects out of them.

Those are actually some restaurants on Center Street. Hoffbrau, A Taste of Thai, and the future downtown La Huerta location. They just look bad from the back. Although I admit I'm not sure what the upper floors are used for. There is one building that isn't currently a restaurant and it looked like quite a bit of it was in bad shape but it looks like they were rebuilding it and not tearing it down.

Those are actually some restaurants on Center Street. Hoffbrau, A Taste of Thai, and the future downtown La Huerta location. They just look bad from the back. Although I admit I'm not sure what the upper floors are used for. There is one building that isn't currently a restaurant and it looked like quite a bit of it was in bad shape but it looks like they were rebuilding it and not tearing it down.

You'd think Condos would be the perfect choice for those.

Okay here's some more shots of the development site. Some of these will look like some I have already posted. These were taken from the south side of the development on Mountain St. I recently found out they will be shutting down this street quite a bit in the future. I think starting some time in January, maybe that's when some serious stuff starts happening. I wish I could take some from the east side, but there's no sidewalk anymore and it's already taken one lane of College Ave. I don't think I want to walk into the only southbound lane of College to see if I can get a shot. There are also some closeups of some of the still existing buildings. I will post some more pics from that side soon.

img54978sw.jpg

img54980jo.jpg

img55006ox.jpg

img55015un.jpg

img55021hx.jpg

img55032ew.jpg

img55045cf.jpg

img55057gi.jpg

img55060ek.jpg

img55073qm.jpg

Now here's some pics from the north side on Center Street. You can't see much because there are still buildings over there that are staying. But you can now see that the back side of the buildings look a lot worse than the fronts. I noticed the back of some of these buildings have doors. I guess they'll get rid of those. I wish I could get some other views. I guess I should have seen if I could get anything from the other side of College Ave to get some views from the east. You can't see anything from the west side because the Bank of America Building. Which apparently will soon become a condo or mixed-use building itself. I'll make it a seperate topic for it.

img55084cd.jpg

img55097vf.jpg

img55100xy.jpg

img55110zv.jpg

img55124ku.jpg

img55133as.jpg

img55154rt.jpg

Most of the bottom level is restaurants. Nothing in the upper levels yet, although they might have to wait till the development if finished. May not be popular space while all the major construction is going on. I'm guessing it will either be office space or possibly more condos.

Great Pics!!

I'd say those backs could be cleaned up, and hopefully they will be. I think they'd make excellent condos.

I could be wrong but I'm expecting that the Renaissance development is going to go all the way up against those buildings. So I don't think it's going to matter how it will end up looking. Like I said I'm not sure but I got the impression that from the way the building looks in the rendering that it's going to have to take up a lot of space.

I could be wrong but I'm expecting that the Renaissance development is going to go all the way up against those buildings. So I don't think it's going to matter how it will end up looking. Like I said I'm not sure but I got the impression that from the way the building looks in the rendering that it's going to have to take up a lot of space.

Ok.

I'd just be afraid that those buildings could discourage people from living in the Renaissance Tower.

Ok.

I'd just be afraid that those buildings could discourage people from living in the Renaissance Tower.

I don't think the backs will be visible and the fronts look okay except for the one at the end. But it looks like it's also being worked on so I'm sure it will look better eventually. Right now most of the space along Center Street on the other side of the restuarants is empty. Not sure if it's been a problem for a while or if they are waiting till the development is going to be finished because they're having to shut down so many streets in the area for it. But after it's done I'm also looking forward to seeing what all will open up down there.

• 3 weeks later...

Some of this info might have been mentioned before but I just wanted to give an update. A few things may have changed since they were initially released. There will be 147 hotel rooms, a restaurant and bar, a ballroom. A seven and a half story parking deck, retail on the bottom floor and it will be built over the sidewalk on the Mountain St side. Guess people will have a little shelter from the rain there. Sounds like the whole development will cost around $30 Mil.

When Renaissance Tower gets built I think it'll be the first of many skyscrapers soon to be built in NWA that should get featured at SkyscraperPage.com. After all you're not really urban until your town's been featured at that website. Little Rock has 29 skyscrapers featured and there's no other Arkansas towns listed. If anyone here knows anyone running that website maybe you can put in a good word for NWA.

Visit SkyscraperPage.com

^There's also the Grandview Condos each at 15-25 Floors, the Lowell Condos each at 15-25 Floors, the Pinnacle Towers 2 16 Floor Proposed, and Pleasant Crossing 16 Floor Tower.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. The guys over at SkyscraperPage.com may not know what they're missing... I'm going to extend a warm invitation for them to investigate our up and coming skyscrapers in NWA. It's not every day you find a town that's never had any skyscrapers to start sprouting, not only tall buildings, but some of the finest skyscapers in the country.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. The guys over at SkyscraperPage.com may not know what they're missing... I'm going to extend a warm invitation for them to investigate our up and coming skyscrapers in NWA. It's not every day you find a town that's never had any skyscrapers to start sprouting, not only tall buildings, but some of the finest skyscapers in the country.

Awesome.

Also, be sure to tell about the Residence Halls in Fayetteville, Embassy Suites in Rogers, and the 9 story office building in Bentonville.

There's also the Myers Ranch Project which is suppose to have 3 or 4 High Rises, and two more 10 Floor Towers along Horsebarn Road in Rogers.

^It ranges from 12 to 16 Floors really.

I see, now I also see where you got your info on the Simmons Bank Building in Pine Bluff. If it is 1929 then it must have been remodeled in the 60's. I wonder if the original structure was that tall or if it was added on. I guess if you wanted to be picky I believe the Raddison Hotel here in Fayetteville is at least 12 stories, I was thinking more along the lines of 15. I'll have to go back and check out that site some more.

^I always thought the Raddison was 16 Floors.

It might be, I'll have to look at some of my pics and count the floors. :D

I'm just curious why it's not mentioned but the Simmons Bank Building in Pine Bluff is. Does ithe website mainly focus on office buildings?

Archived