Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hankster

New Sounds Proposal

I still on quite a high from the Signature Tower redesign announcement, but another equally important annoucement is coming up soon - the new Sounds ballpark / resdential / retail complex. I'm really anxious to get the details. Unfortunately, I'm down here in Chattanooga and can't make the presentation. I know that 600 residential units are rumored, and the ballpark may be oriented away from downtown. Personally, I'm hoping the ballpark will have views of the downtown area, and the Signature when it rises. I'm also hoping for a really inspiring design of the park, and the residential component. What do you expect?

I'm sure the developers had no idea that the Signature would become all residential with 750 units. I wonder if this development will make them scale back the number of resdential units they propose in the future. :blink:

I noticed on channel 5 today a short comment made by the mayor and he seems to have very possitive things to say about the latest proposal. I suppose he likes what he sees. Going to try and be there tomorrow.

I think it's close enough now to where I'm going to just wait until tomorrow to see what's up. Even with the Sig, the studies have shown there's plenty of demand for residential. The Sig represents just over 1/3 of the amount expected to be absorbed in the next two or three years. The developer started with 200+ units, and now wants to do 600. Rolling Mill will add more. And Tony and Novare have some land parcels which will probably translate into something before long.

I'll just wait and see. I sure wish I could be there, but work calls.