Triad roads with the most aggressive drivers

jasoniman24

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendover Ave.

But one thing I cant stand is when you are pulling out on to an entry ramp to a major road or freeway, some people in front of you will just stop and wait instead of driving off and picking up speed before getting onto the freeway.

Wendover Ave.

But one thing I cant stand is when you are pulling out on to an entry ramp to a major road or freeway, some people in front of you will just stop and wait instead of driving off and picking up speed before getting onto the freeway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's called yielding...if the highway is busy...The traffic on the highway does have the right of way over traffic coming out of the ramp.

Generally for me, anywhere in or near Greensboro is agressive. I'd much rather run errands in Burlington than Greensboro anyday.

Yeah but its nerve wrecking when they can drive off in the lane before they move over and instead they stop and wait to get over. In many cases the entry line continues on as another lane like on Wendover Ave. It doesnt make sense for people getting on Wendover to stop waiting for all that trafiffic to go by when they can drive off in the far right lane and get over eventually. In some cases you do have to stop to traffice because there is no entrance lane or the entrance lane is way too short to drive off.

The most common things people do if you are driving in the right lane on the highway is they speed up, pass you, and cut in front of you just to get off the highway. I all they have to do is following in behind you.

There are not many exit ramps though that become their own lanes on a highway where a person could continue on that path for a good deal of time. Most end rather quickly and demand you to stop or to yield and merge. Even on some of the most generous ramps, I have found myself having to occassionally come to a complete stop at the end because of heavy traffic that I could not merge into. Definately a pitfall of traveling around Greensboro.

Yeah but its nerve wrecking when they can drive off in the lane before they move over and instead they stop and wait to get over. In many cases the entry line continues on as another lane like on Wendover Ave. It doesnt make sense for people getting on Wendover to stop waiting for all that trafiffic to go by when they can drive off in the far right lane and get over eventually. In some cases you do have to stop to traffice because there is no entrance lane or the entrance lane is way too short to drive off.

The most common things people do if you are driving in the right lane on the highway is they speed up, pass you, and cut in front of you just to get off the highway. I all they have to do is following in behind you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate it when people pass you just to get off the highway, especially when their exit ramp is only about 100 yards away. What's the point of doing that anyway? And I have seen people cut other motorists off to pass you even though you are already going over the speed limit. I see this alot on US 52 in Winston and on US 29 in Greensboro.:angry:

I hate it when people pass you just to get off the highway, especially when their exit ramp is only about 100 yards away. What's the point of doing that anyway? And I have seen people cut other motorists off to pass you even though you are already going over the speed limit. I see this alot on US 52 in Winston and on US 29 in Greensboro.:angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I have been on US 29 here in Greensboro, and I go at least 5 maybe 10 miles over the limit and there are drivers that like to go 15 or 20 over. What they don't know is that there are low flying cops that could catch them. I also notice that if I go north on 29 to Danville it is so much more slow paced once you get into the Virginia line. When I go back home, the drivers are almost instantly more aggressive once you pass back into North Carolina.

There are many places in the Triad that have very aggressive driving.

When I drive in the Triangle, they seem to be a little better at driving than us Triad drivers. :unsure:

Yes that just makes me mad when people do that. Its like they just have to pass you for some reason as if they are racing you you are something. I've noticed that police have been driving unmarked "ordinary" cars like dodges and chryslers so people need to be careful.

One thing I did notice on Bryan Blvd. right before the highway 68 exit is a sign that says "VA State line exit". I never noticed that before. Its one of a few directional signs to Virginia in Greensboro. The other one is the directional sign over Wendover Ave near Battleground that says Roanoke.

Archived