Best communities and cities in Nashville area?

where_am_I

Hello guys!!! I've really enjoyed my time reading the posts on the forum and learning lots of things that I didn't know before about many different places. I have been on here for about a month now and never really thought I would have a lot to say, but I do have a question, maybe someone could assist me. I am currently in Savannah, GA and is looking to move into the Nashville area hopefully sometime in the very, very near future. I have done massive research on many parts of town that I wouldn't mind calling home, (that is within me and my wife's budget :blush: ). The issue is that I really don't have a true realistic 'feeling' about certain areas whether they would be a good and safe area to relocate to. I was born and raised in a crime infested community and is definitely not interested in going into a similar community, (born and raised in Birmingham)!!! A lot of the areas I suggested to live were parts of town that some locals told me to stay away from. They seemed very livable when I was there in town during the day observing, but from what I hear, looks are deceiving and some are surely not a place to raise a family. I am 23 years old and is definitely not in the very upper tier when it comes to affordabilty and this would be our very first home so I do want to be somewhere livable in the area to settle down and call home. So I was wishing that someone could help me out. It would really be well appreciated. What do you think are some of the best areas in Nashville to raise a family? Thanks a million!! ^_^

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum and hopefully to Nashville!

How far are you willing to drive to work? What price range of home are you looking for? are you looking for a house, apartment or condo? What part of town will you be working in, if you know. This may help everyone answer your questions a little better.

Welcome to the forum and hopefully to Nashville!

How far are you willing to drive to work? What price range of home are you looking for? are you looking for a house, apartment or condo? What part of town will you be working in, if you know. This may help everyone answer your questions a little better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the responses guys!!!! I really appreciate the feedback and the help. Sorry for leaving out so many details. I am looking for our very first house probably in the low to mid 100's. I am more than likely to work downtown and don't mind a drive probably 15-30 minutes to work. One local preferred me to Murfreesboro but it seemed a pretty good distance to downtown when I went there, (nice town though). LaVeregne and Symrna seemed like the closest areas to Nashville in Rutherford county and seemed to have a lot of new construction homes in that area in my price range but I don't really know enough about those areas as for as crime and such. We really liked the Hendersonville area but wanted to learn about other areas around town, so I came to seek aid from my new family at urbanplanet!!!! :thumbsup: I hope that gives more detail about what me and my wife is looking for. Thanks for all the input guys!!! (I posted this same response on the other topic post due to me posting the same topic twice.....) ^_^ I kinda feel like an idiot for doing that.....

Archived