Gas Prices

NCB

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

$2.25 here for regular unleaded. It reached $3.09 in late August.. but it's on the way back up.

I don't think prices will every drop much below $2/gallon again.. and eventually $3 will be the norm and soon after $4.. etc.. it's just a matter of time. Where's that electric car when I need it?

Well it was under 2 bucks but now its back up to 2.27

Yeah, ours went up some 16 cents in 2 days! This was right around the time Sharon had his stroke, and some suggested that the uncertainty of his life or death in the Middle Eastern scheme of things may have somehow been an influence. :blink:

it's around 4 here on the high side now.

Good Lord. I can't believe I posted that it was almost $4.

Here is a picture of a gas station (i posted this in the photo of the day redux thread too)

This was taken Early summer or spring 2005 I believe, and it was the lowest price in the city... taken in Waxhaw, NC

img01599ka.jpg

I can't believe it! I just came home from shopping and passed by my local Unocal76 station and the prices are up another 14 cents per gallon just over the past few days. :angry: $2.61 for premium! Grrrrr....
I've seen regular higher than that in the past week ($2.69). Regular has been hovering around $2.25 or so lately. I don't pay much attention to premium prices, since I fill up with regular.

I have to use premium. My poor old car pings up as storm otherwise! My wife's car too, not pinging, but the "check engine" light comes on when we use anything but premium eventhough it's supposed to run on all grades and it is only 3 years old! Weird. :huh:

Around Christmas prices started to go down, and now they're rising again! WTH! :angry: The highest i've seen it in Winston-Salem was at $2.40 and the lowest was at $2.33.I actually want to see gas prices go back up to $4 and $3 becuase it encouraged people to use mass-transportation and car-pool.

Wow.. that's amazing. Even at Wal-Mart here in town it was $2.22..

It is amazing though. When Wal-Mart opened up, gas prices went down considerably and were always lower than Minneapolis/St. Paul. 4 years on, prices are back up above the Twin Cities again by quite a bit.

It just shows that you don't really save with Wal-Mart in the long run.

• 1 month later...

In Metro Detroit, I paid $2.489 a gallon for regular gas on on 3/19/06, which was up by $0.21 a gallon from my last gas purchase on 3/1/06.

The highest I have personally paid for gas in our area so far was $2.999 a gallon for regular on 9/30/05.

Archived