Gas Prices

NCB

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gas was $2.51 on Sunday, $2.79 on Monday, $3.02 yesterday, and has remained teh same today. I'm not sure if it will rise more.. I think today it's in "wait and see" mode. With thousands of people flooding northward out of Minneapolis/Saint Paul to enjoy the last throes of summer before the long winter, gas stations will be strained and will likely have to be restocked, pushing prices up again.

After September 11, I remember many gas stations pushing prices way up and there were lines all over.. but here, things continued as normal. Gas prices stayed at what was then "ridiculous" ($1.29/gallon).

I hope gas prices don't go too high, but at the same time I hope this is a wake up call to the government to start encouraging alternative fuels.

In the months following September 11, remember how gas dropped really really low? I remember it being $1.21 in the fall that year, here in RI at least.

Gas sucks. I'd like to be excited that its so expensive now, since it could encourage people to use transit, walk more, etc., but the reality is, it would have to happen gradually to work in that way. Right now all it's doing is putting more financial burden on financially struggling families and individuals.

I don't think people will ever make a long term transition to mass transit. The only option seems to be either wait for hydrogen, which will almost surely be the primary fuel in the long run anyways, or use another alternative fuel until for advanced powerplants, like hydrogen, become affordable. The most likely option will be methane hydrates, their are supposedy enough energy stored in methane hydrates to equal 5 times the energy in all the fossil fuels past and present, sounds promising, except for the problem of safely mining them.

I don't think people will ever make a long term transition to mass transit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, that is probably the reality. We keep wanting to fix gas problems with alternative fuels, which would be fine if that was all that was wrong with automobile use in this country. I guess if we're going to continue to be fat, lazy and anti-social then we might as well do it while not polluting the environment.

Unfortunately, that is probably the reality.  We keep wanting to fix gas problems with alternative fuels, which would be fine if that was all that was wrong with automobile use in this country.  I guess if we're going to continue to be fat, lazy and anti-social then we might as well do it while not polluting the environment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately most us (U.S.A.) would rather work a 2nd job than <gasp!> walk or take a bus and pay for more expensive gas.

$2.57 last saturday in CT to fill up the jeep for the treck down to school (jeep wasn't my choice, got it for free for parents in spring of 2004 when they bought a civic hybrid)

$2.39 in York, Pa sunday night..i didn't need gas

$3.19 York,PA today when i need gas but havent gotten any yet

we probally wouldn't be in such a mess if it wasn't for Iraq, the hurricane and the dependence on cars to go everywhere in the country. We need to invest in light rail projects and more fuel efficent technoglies or else we're doomed.

2 days ago, it was $2.51, yesterday morning, same gas station was $2.79, last night as I was driving home, $3.19.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes and CT prices are expected to top the $4 mark in the next few days and gas stations in CT can sell for as much as they want because in order for a gas cap a state of emergency needs to be issued. In CT a gas station owner stopped selling gas becasue he was outrages about how much gas had risen in one night (0.46 cents!)-GOOD FOR HIM!!!!

Prices in Atlanta topping $6.00 and gas shortages in Alabama

Yes and CT prices are expected to top the $4 mark in the next few days and gas stations in CT can sell for as much as they want because in order for a gas cap a state of emergency needs to be issued. In CT a gas station owner stopped selling gas becasue he was outrages about how much gas had risen in one night (0.46 cents!)-GOOD FOR HIM!!!!

Prices in Atlanta topping $6.00 and gas shortages in Alabama

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have said before that these were only a few isolated acases around metro Atlanta. Most Atlanta stations never reached $4. Right now, according to atlantagasprices.com, the highest price is 3.99 and the lowest is 2.79. There has been a price cap added onto the prices, so I think they cannot go above $4.

Archived