Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stjoe

History has a future

9 posts in this topic

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee...al/12458331.htm

"I wouldn't have sold it to anyone else for that price," said Hood, 90, who now lives in a Tallahassee retirement community. "But it made me happy that the house would be fixed up and stay there for years and years. All the others said they would bulldoze it down and build high-rises."

Glad to see Tally maintain some of it's history. This lady should be commended.

I love this house... I didn't know it was that old. I remember passing it growing up thinking I wanted to live in a house that looked like this.

Did anyone catch the picture of Jesse Hays taking a photo of himself in the mirror... smart man!

Nice topic St. Joe!

I'm not sure if I've got the right house, but I think this is the green house on Park Avenue near the Florida Lottery HQ.

I may be off though.

Glade to hear this. I have pictures of this house i took when i was 9 or so. I have always like it aswell. I hope lots of visitors to tallahassee see it, it would be a shame to miss.

CMurphy, is it possible for you to post the pictures you have of the house?

if i can, i will b4 sunday, i may not be able to find them. Worth a look though.

If you don't have the time I'll understand... it would be nothing for me to go over there in the morning and snap a shot. We could make it photo of the day.

good news, nothing has changed since i can remember... the same today as it was then. It will be nice to see the renovation next year. New paint and such