Nashville at Night - Part 1

Rural King

Shots I took this spring in Nashville one night.

I promise nothing but the best my little SD 100 can do. Its small and handy, but it struggles at times with night and distance shots.

Hope everybody enjoys them!

NashvilleNight089-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight074-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight072-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight081-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight096-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight098-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight103-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight105-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight106-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight108-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight109-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight111-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight114-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight115-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight117-vi.jpg

The glare made this shot neat IMO.

NashvilleNight122-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight127-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight129-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight131-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight132-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight134-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight136-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight138-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight142-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight145-vi.jpg

NashvilleNight151-vi.jpg

I thought I could do this in one thread, but alas two will be necessary. So do you all want them sooner (ie tonight) or later (in a few days)?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Rural King, great pictures. I don't know what kind of camera that is, wether it's digital or film and I don't know what your level of expertise is, but I just thought i'd mention if it is a 35mm; the faster the film speed you use, the more diverse the lighting conditions you'll be able to work in. Anyway, if you knew that or that's a digital camera, just ignore me. That's a great angle of the GEC.

^ Its a digital camera, SD 100 Elph (its about the size of deck of cards). It takes great pics during the day and in most conditions, but its best aspect is its size, which allows for it to fit on my belt without much notice.

Thanks for offering the advice though. That sort of thing doesn't bother me, so don't ever worry about offering it to me. :D

Okay those pictures are HOT!

Those are so great shots. Nashville is so appealing. I'm going to have to visit Nashville again. The last time I was there was back in the late 90's. There was something going on downtown and there were people everywhere....it was soooo vibrant. It left me with a great impression of the city but after seeing these pictures, I will need to stay more than a night.

What a great city you guys have.

nice shots...that pedestrian bridge just won a Tennessee AIA award. Photos and drawings of the the winning projects are currently being exhibited in a gallery space in the Art&ARchitecture building at UT. Its a fantastic bridge..can't wait to walk across it at night.

Archived