Airport Expansion.

NolezfanJax

Hi guys, long time lurker...first time poster.

My question is regarding the expansion, specifically the airside II phase, of the airport. I was under the impression that this construction was going to begin after the Super Bowl, but haven't heard much about it since. Lakelander, your thoughts?

Here are some renderings I found on the JIA website. They're kinda small, but certainly they give us an idea of what to expect.

as_jia_exp02.gifas_jia_exp01.gif

For those interested, here is the link to the JIA Expansion website.

http://www.jaa.aero/as/jia_expansion.asp

I'm really looking forward to this. Thoughts?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome NolzfanJax.

I have also been curious as to when they plan to get this project off of the ground and into the air. It will be a great expansion, although, I would rather see some sort of built in hotel like Orlando has.

They will first build the new concourses starting with A and C concourse then will tranistion over from the old to new and knock down the old concourses. During the final phase another wing will come out from the end of the B concourse.

Dont have any timelines but the new concourse construction hasnt started from what I have seen.

Archived