Boise Projects Thread

Boisefan

I notiticed there is little disscusion about Boise so here's the rundown...

Boise Tower, 299' goes to court again next month, if the city wins a team of developers will get the tower done.

Banner Bank Building, 11 stories between 140-170 feet, origianaly 16 stories this building is on the rise through construction and will be completed later this year or next year.

Hampton Inn at Bodo, 11 stories, construction is moving along fast along construction, all the way up to 10 stories and will be completed in November or December. The bottom 4 floors are a parking garage

Bodo, a mixed-use retail/office project made up of a 2 floor and 3 floor building and parking garage. Will include an Edwards theatre, P.F. Changs, a large bookstore, and office space.

St. Alphonsus advance trauma center, 9 floors. This tower will make Saint Alphonsus(i hope i spelled that right) the most advance trauma center in the Northwest. Construction is moving along well and will be open for operation in 2007.

Royal Plaza, 6 floors, downtown Boise, approved but construction has not started.

Park Place, 5 floors Still a proposal becuase of a conflict with KBCI channel 2. They say that the building will disrupt the signal coming from a buildin a block away. Project includes parking and a park on the roof.

Thats not all, but all i can think of right now, i will update later.

I forogt a few things,

The transit system plan, the city is doing a study on transit options and if things are right downtown will have a trolly system and a multimodal transit hub which is a six floor parking garage with a bus and trolly depot. They are also planning a rail system connecting the Treasure Valley through Boise.

The Boise Airport, expansion is not far off becuase the Airport has already reach pre Sept. 11th levels in passenger traffic and the Airport was designed to handle that amount of passengers, and flights are expanding with permanent non-stop flights to Atlanta on Delta, and one-stop service to Calgary on Big Sky airlines and possibly a non-stop service when the airport gets a customs area. There are 3 options,

build a new concourse and double the amount of planes that can land here. and build a 2nd terminal complex.

relocate Orchard Street for new room for the hangars

build a new airport further in the desert

• 4 weeks later...

Cool, thanks for the updates. I lived in Boise from 2001-2003.

I'm surprised to hear an airport expansion is on the agenda again. The current version was just finished in 2004, no?

It would be great if something could be made to happen with the Boise Tower. Having an open pit in downtown for 4+ years is quite unacceptable...

Cool, thanks for the updates. I lived in Boise from 2001-2003.

I'm surprised to hear an airport expansion is on the agenda again. The current version was just finished in 2004, no?

It would be great if something could be made to happen with the Boise Tower. Having an open pit in downtown for 4+ years is quite unacceptable...

Ya, the airport is at capacity already and they are thinking of ways to make more room, and the Boise Tower thing makes me sick now.........

And unfortunatly there are little pictures to share.

Royal PLaza update, work is about to start.....

Royal Plaza Website

Edited by Boisefan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any photos or links? I'd love to see some of these under construction. Thanks! B)

Check the Emporis site, they have some construction photos of Hampton Inn(under lowrise section) and the Banner Bank who's hight is officially 182' making it the fith or sixth tallest in the city. Ugh, we need more buildings.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Boise is getting a lot of buildings in the mid to high 100's. I guess you're working on the density factor before height. Hopefully you'll get a 300+ ft. tower in the near future.

Also, checked out Emporis and saw that Banner Bank Building is almost done, and is looking nice.

I also saw a proposal called the Aspen, a seventeen story tower. Do you happen to have any more info on that?

Boise has quite a lot going on for a city of its size. And truly, the skyline is not bad. Boise's metro has less than a million people. You shouldn't expect too much out of it. In fact, it has quite an impressive list of towers on the way. Boise is showing great signs of becoming the next large city in the Northwest.