Boise Projects Thread

Boisefan

Ya, the Foothills are a 10 minutes drive from my house, where there are 2 lakes, and up further about 30-40 minutes away there are taller mountains which are perfect for tubing on...its so much fun, and those shots exclude the Hampton Inn (120') and the Banner Bank Building(182') which really make a diffrence, they also don't have the Grove Hotel, which is the third largest building in the city

Edited by Boisefan

i cant say that i have, although from what i see and understand, developing a high-rise in Boise seems to put you through hell, there are so many people who want the city the way it was before the 1960's and 1970's, when the tallest of the high-rises in the city were built (One Capitol Center, Key Bank, and US Bank)

My thought is to boost the density of development in the areas directly connected to the downtown core and use 3-5 story mixed use pedestrian friendly projects that could include neighborhood retail/restaurant uses on the street level, office on street and/or 2d level and loft style living on the upper floors. So far the City staff, etc. are very helpful and willing to discuss potential...false hope?

Looks like you live there in Boise, do you perceive a demand for live/work, urban, high-density products? I am currently in Arizona and the product is doing well in the downtown Scottsdale and Phoenix markets. Seems like the Boise politicians are more ahead of the curve with some planning initiatives, zoning code issues, etc.

Have a good friend that relocated to the Boise area about 2-1/2 years ago and loves it. I have visited once and done alot of research on the possibilities for small infill development. Would like a shot at making some meaningful developments in the area. Thanks for the input.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aspen-Proposed/Review Stage, a 197' tower on a 40' wide strip of land, just working the kinks out.

916 Park-proposed NIMBY's attacked this thing from the start, trying to bring it down to 45', developers trying to keep it around 96'. Very unlikely.

Banner Bank Building-nearing compleation. Looks very nice

Hampton Inn-nearing completion, a brown monolithic structure.

Capital Plaza Tower-proposed, not much info on this one

Capital Terrace Condos-proposed/review stage. NIMBY from a CONDO TOWER are going against this one. Very ironic...

Idaho Independant Bank Building- broken ground, or about to, 6 floors, white/brick exterior. Looks nice.

Royal Plaza- tower crane up for this 6 story condo. Underconstruction, completion in 2007-2008.

Boise Tower-on hold/propsed/under-construction/review/design stage.

Very complex/confusing tower. Is being re-designed, some foundation work is done. Supposed to be done in 2003. 300' tall, new tallest. Should be done in 2008-2009.

Boise Tower-very likely,infact, they might be driving the floor count to 30 stories because of the strong market. Still being redesigned from the old version to a new version.

Aspen-some what likely, they are still trying to get it to be stable on a 40' wide strip of land, supposed to break ground in the Fall.