Roanoke Stores and Retail

soloextreme

I have family there in Roanoke and they say all sorts of retail/stores are coming into town. I'm talking big names like louis vuitton, bentley, coach, ukrops, farm fresh, nine west, dolce & gabbana, etc and moving the mercedes and bmv dealership to a bigger location. All this in the next year or so.

Any truth to this?

edit: renamed

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have family there in Roanoke and they say all sorts of retail/stores are coming into town. I'm talking big names like louis vuitton, bentley, coach, ukrops, farm fresh, nine west, dolce & gabbana, etc and moving the mercedes and bmv dealership to a bigger location. All this in the next year or so.

Any truth to this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good topic. I'm not sure if it's true or not but i'm sure some of our Roanoke forumers will be glad to help out. You've been busy today. :lol:

Any truth to this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

louis vuitton -> No.

bentley -> No.

coach -> No.

ukrops -> Yes.

farm fresh -> No.

nine west -> No. It was here for a minute a few years ago.

dolce & gabbana -> No.

moving the mercedes and bmv dealership to a bigger location -> Yes.

louis vuitton -> No.

bentley -> No.

coach -> No.

ukrops -> Yes.

farm fresh -> No.

nine west -> No.  It was here for a minute a few years ago.

dolce & gabbana -> No.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ouch, I would've hoped we'd be able to put a few more of those in the yes category.

louis vuitton -> No.

bentley -> No.

coach -> No.

ukrops -> Yes.

farm fresh -> No.

nine west -> No.  It was here for a minute a few years ago.

dolce & gabbana -> No.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure about this? There is that big hill over there by Tanglewood Mall that they have cleared and I have heard from several sources that those big name stores are going there.

I also heard that the Farm Fresh is going to be at Towers. And that the BMV and Mercedes dealership is moving out down where Buck Mountain grill used to be along with adding the Bentley and Jag dealership. I believe it was in the paper. I cant remember.

Are you sure about this? There is that big hill over there by Tanglewood Mall that they have cleared and I have heard from several sources that those big name stores are going there.

I also heard that the Farm Fresh is going to be at Towers. And that the BMV and Mercedes dealership is moving out down where Buck Mountain grill used to be along with adding the Bentley and Jag dealership. I believe it was in the paper. I cant remember.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a Bentley dealer in Roanoke??????I hope you are being sarcastic, cause that would be insane for that area! :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure it is a Farm Fresh moving into Towers Mall upper level. Kroger actually sued to keep them out.

I have a friend that works at Frances Khan and if Dolce+Gabbana, Loius Vuitton, Coach or any other high end fashion house is moving into Roanoke she'll tell me but I haven't heard anything yet. That said there are a few upscale retail developments being built right now. The Slate Hill project which is the one across from Tanglewood and another one a few blocks up 419, I'm not sure what it's name is, where Finks Jewelry is now. I'm not sure what name retailers have committed to either project though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Mercedes and Volvo dealerships have moved to the old Buck Mountain site along with a new Jaguar and Land Rover dealership. Fresh Market is coming to Towers. Nobody's saying what will be on Slate Hill, or out next to Fink's but I'd be willing to bet money that designer boutiques like Louis Vuitton and Dolce & Gabbana are not coming to Roanoke any time soon.

Ok, so Fresh Market is going to the Towers location and there is a Farm Fresh going by Wonju Street at the bottom of that little hill.

Land Rover and Jaguar is a big step for then I think. I guess Bently is a stretch.

Frances Khan is new to the area and is already doing better than expected. I'm not sure if those other stores are coming there for sure, but I believe they would do well in Roanoke. There is a lot of "old" money there. The next closest place to visit those stores would be Richmond. So Roanoke would get Blacksburg shoppers as well.

Ok, so Fresh Market is going to the Towers location and there is a Farm Fresh going by Wonju Street at the bottom of that little hill.

Land Rover and Jaguar is a big step for then I think. I guess Bently is a stretch. 

Frances Khan is new to the area and is already doing better than expected. I'm not sure if those other stores are coming there for sure, but I believe they would do well in Roanoke. There is a lot of "old" money there. The next closest place to visit those stores would be Richmond. So Roanoke would get Blacksburg shoppers as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At the bottom of the hill at Wonju is where Ukrop's is going, not Farm Fresh. Farm Fresh hasn't been in this area sice the mid '90s, and that was a single Rack & Sack store that died fairly quickly.

Frances Kahn has actually been in Roanoke for about 25 years. My late aunt used to do alterations there in the '80s and my mom manufactured a line of private-label lingerie for them back then as well. Frances Kahn does do well, but the level of merchandise they offer is not typical for the market.

Louis Vuitton and Dolce & Gabbana would not do so well here. Roanoke is primarily made up of blue-collar and service jobs. Charlotte didn't even get a Louis Vuitton until last year, and Roanoke's economy is nowhere near as productive as Charlotte's.

Man, I'm all messed up. My mother corrected me on the whole Ukrops, Farm Fresh thing, so sorry about that.

I'm kinda confused about the whole Frances Kahn issue. Maybe my memory is slipping, but I could have sworn my mother called me one day and was all excited because you guys were getting one. Maybe I have my story turned around. oh well...

I'm not so sure about the high end stores though. Maybe its a little early still for those caliber of stores to hit the area. Your right, there is a lot of blue collar jobs there. I was thinking that the cities like blacksburg as well as others would come to Roanoke for that purpose. They probably would, but that small amount of people would still probably not be enough people to make it worth the companies while. You make a good argument though.

you didnt have a starbucks?! damn! I thought they had conquered the known world!!! Well before you know it youll have them everywhere, we even have 2 in Richmond caddy corner from one another :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get this: flippin' LYNCHBURG got Starbucks before Roanoke!

The same thing happend with Thalhimers, Dick's Sporting Goods, Bed Bath & Beyond, Cold Stone Creamery (still not here), and Chico's (again still not here). I don't know what's up with this place sometimes.

Archived