Roanoke Stores and Retail

soloextreme

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if it's been reported yet, but it looks like Valley View Mall will be getting a full line Aveda Spa come Winter 08 in the District at Valley View. I was on my way out to Panera the other day and noticed that the banner had been hung announcing its opening.

I was very excited to finally see something new and exciting and slightly more upscale in Roanoke. I do however still find it humorous that we can somehow land an Aveda Spa, but can't bring in a Body Shop, Banana Republic, or J.Crew. Three stores that would CERTAINLY thrive in Roanoke!!

Has anyone else heard any other news for stores coming to the District at Valley View? I never imagined it would take this long to land tenants!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't been posting here much for a while, but I had to mention this. The new Wal-Mart Superstore off 220 in the Clearbrook area of Roanoke County is now toast. Wal-Mart has instead renewed the lease on its current site in the city about 1 mile north. The proposed new store had already been approved by the county and the cancellation apparently has more to do with national economic conditions.

story

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived