Roanoke Stores and Retail

soloextreme

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Two items of note concerning Tanglewood Mall:

-- Mac and Maggie's has closed after 25 years at Tanglewood. The restaurant will reportedly be replaced by the Roanoke Valley's first Panera Bread restaurant.

-- Jake Repass, longtime manger of Tanglewood, will retire at the end of the year. He has held the post since 1983. Wendy Akers, Tanglewood's property accountant, will succeed him as general manager and Repass will become the mall's operations manager.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard from a woman working at JCPenney at Valley View Mall that the store will be remodeled soon, along with the Tanglewood Mall store.

Also, Kroger is apparently ready to remodel at Tanglewood and seems to be poised to leave Ridgewood Farms Center in Salem for a new store at Keagy Village, across from Allstate.

Where exactly is Keagy village? Is this a new shopping center? I haven't been by the Allstate building in almost a year, but I used to live in the neighborhood directly across 419, behind the showtimer's theater. I know it still confuses me when I see the stoplight on 419 at the entrance to Hidden Valley middle school.

In the last year or two has the market changed for you guys? Are you experience the growth like the rest of the metros in the state?

I wondering what the state could do to jump start the economic engines for the Roanoke area. You guys need some help attracting some big business there too. It seems to me that the state lacks in helping other metros out other than the capital area.

In the last year or two has the market changed for you guys? Are you experience the growth like the rest of the metros in the state?
A lot of the retail growth is coming from pent-up demand combining with the opening of new land. There's not a lot of new growth per se.

Archived