Roanoke Stores and Retail

soloextreme

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they going to continue adding more buildings to the left of the current buildings near Finks. When I went by today, I saw that they will levelling more land out. However, the new John Norman sign is up!

Do we know if there are other buildings if they will be office buildings or retail. I really thought we were going to get a J. Crew in that area near Finks.

If we get a Chico's over on this side of town, that would mean that there would be no Chico's over at The District at Valley View, right? Which in some ways may be good. It allows for another store to move into that space.

StevenRocks - is it pretty definite that Roanoke will not be getting a Kohl's but that Lynchburg will? And....do we know of any new possibilities for retail over at the District at Valley View??

I thought Chico's was going up at Valley View.
The only thing I can confirm is that Chico's is coming to town in the near future. It may be on 419 in West Village, but it could also be at The District at Valley View. I doubt that we'll get two stores, but we will get at least one.

StevenRocks - is it pretty definite that Roanoke will not be getting a Kohl's but that Lynchburg will? And....do we know of any new possibilities for retail over at the District at Valley View??
Lynchburg's Kohl's is being built as I write this next to the 460/29 intersection. Roanoke is not out of the running yet, but it's going to be a while before we get one.

Henri Kessler Furs, Starbucks and Five Guys Burgers are what I heard so far. Maybe Chico's, though that's unconfirmed.

5 Guys should do well there. I don't know how the one out in Salem is doing, but the ones here & NoVA are always packed.

I didn't know that forever 21 had men's clothes... i hate being dragged into the Fair Oaks store by the g/f... plus their return policy sucks!

btw 5 Guys is grrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Yea, the mens section in Forever 21 is new. You can check it out on their website. I believe though that they are 2 seperate stores. Similar to some Womens Express and Mens Express! I would love to have one though! Its kinda like a cheapy version of Urban Outfitters!

On the way to work the other day I noticed a new sign up 221 South where the Goodwill collection box is near Trappezi. It said Lifestyle Pavillion and has a sketch of a strip/minimall on it. I haven't read anything about any development going in there but that is a relatively high traffic area.

Any word on whether it will be a mens and womens stores, or just a womens store? Also StevenRocks, are there any updates on new stores actually going in Valley View Mall or in The District at VV?
Going forward, I think Forever 21 is going to do a dual-gender format at all its new stores.

No word on what else is coming to Valley View, but I might hear more next week.

An article in Sundays Roanoke times had an assortment of small developments. Bruster's 2nd roanoke location; Sam & Norah (upper end children's furnishings and accessories) in Raliegh court; Leo Grande Vineyards in Bedford county; Domestications and The Company Store at Towers (HanoverDirect's 3rd retail outlet in the U.S.) possible relocation of Howards soup kitchen outside of downtown; and finally a new tenant for former Rabbit Patch location- 'Circle Fresh Food'.

roanoke times

Archived