Charlotte scores high on cleanliness

Raintree21

I'm from New Orleans and I lived in the low-income part. Now, I live in low-income Charlotte. Believe me (I have experience) Charlotte's gritty and New Orleans gritty is no different. If I had to choose Charlotte's is worse. I was trying to escape New Orlean's crime, and all it did was backfire. Now (in Charlotte), I'm even worse off than I was. As for Philly and NYC, nothing compares... we shouldn't have brought them up. My dad lives in Philly though and I know what Philly thinks of Charlotte. They think that it is a fast-growing city, but also, fast-growing hood. Mainly because of the 600% increase in Hispanics from 1990-2000. If you take away Florida, Charlotte is one of the most Hispanic [large] cities on the east coast. Overall? Sure, Charlotte is a cleaner city. As for the gritty parts? They are spreading... quick. People will probably post saying I'm wrong, but I have firsthand experience.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the West Charlotte hoods are shrinking and the East Charlotte hoods are growing. They actually are having some pretty decent re-development between uptown and the airport. West of the airport I believe we will see tremendous growth over the next decade with the river and rafting park, as well as more general sprawl. Look for Gaston County to grow in a big way in the next few years, it will be the next boom county after all its stagnant growth.

I think the West Charlotte hoods are shrinking and the East Charlotte hoods are growing.  They actually are having some pretty decent re-development between uptown and the airport.  West of the airport I believe we will see tremendous growth over the next decade with the river and rafting park, as well as more general sprawl.  Look for Gaston County to grow in a big way in the next few years, it will be the next boom county after all its stagnant growth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, especially about Gaston Co

I believe Nashville is the cleanest city i been to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what 'chew talkin' bout, willis? i was just in in nashville, neat town,...fun, and bigger than i expected...but clean? i guess for a city with alot of its historical buildings still standing.

i just had a thought (rare)...while i love a city next to a river (beatuiful vista's, etc.) - i can honestly say that "clean" doesn't come to mind. there are alway remnents of the industrial revolution perched on the banks and litter floating down dark waters. don't get me wrong i be lovin' on a river city - it just doesn't whistle "irish spring".

Archived