I just can't wait for Tennessee College Football!

soloextreme

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already got my UAB tickets...looking forward to a WILD weekend next week. First UT vs. UAB then BOOMSDAY on Sunday. I doubt I will remember very much of it.

Oh man...I can't wait! I'll have a view very similar to this next week. Too bad it's not a night game.

neyland156.jpg

Here's the schedule

2005 Volunteers Football

DAY DATE OPPONENT W/L Tenn Opp

Sat. Sept. 3 UAB

Sat. Sept. 17 at Florida* (CBS) 8pm

Sat. Sept. 24 at LSU*

Sat. Oct. 1 Mississippi*

Sat. Oct. 8 Georgia* (CBS) 3:30pm

Sat. Oct. 22 at Alabama* (CBS)

Sat. Oct. 29 South Carolina*

Sat. Nov. 5 at Notre Dame (NBC) 2:30pm

Sat. Nov. 12 Memphis (HC)

Sat. Nov. 19 Vanderbilt*

Sat. Nov. 26 at Kentucky*

I think your only hope is to have Bobby Moreau officiating. You remember him ? the ref who won the game for you last year ? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You remember the ref that gave you the game in Knoxville in 2002? You know, when Gaffney never caught the ball but was given a touchdown was awarded anyways?

Damn you Gator fans have some short memories. :)

Too bad Tennessee is 18-1 against Memphis all time. :)

Y'all got lucky.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at that game and the officials blew the call. By rule, he was down and UM didn't score. But that is beside the point. It made my Mother very happy and she along with my neice and her friends that came along all gave me S*%T. My brother, who went to Ole Miss, lended support. The President of UM didn't even know that it was the first time that Memphis had ever beat Tennessee. Tennessee just seemed in a daze the whole season. Not a year to remember, even if Peyton was leading the troops.

that Memphis victory was one of the most beautiful sights I ever beheld

and that 18-1 is a little misleading--Memphis gives Tennessee a run for their money about ever other matchup--UT still wins, because they are better, but they sure make the game interesting. And Memphis has been a terrible team (barring a few bright spots on defense, special teams, and Isaac Bruce) until the last couple years. Now we're a decent team with a very good running back. if Tennessee allows the game to be interesting this year, Memphis may be able to pull it out. here's hoping!

the best thing about the UT/UM game is that if UT wins, they can't really gloat, because they were supposed to win (especially at home), but if Memphis wins, we get to gloat for a year or more until the next matchup.

orange is ugly... ^_^

that Memphis victory was one of the most beautiful sights I ever beheld

and that 18-1 is a little misleading--Memphis gives Tennessee a run for their money about ever other matchup--UT still wins, because they are better, but they sure make the game interesting.  And Memphis has been a terrible team (barring a few bright spots on defense, special teams, and Isaac Bruce) until the last couple years.  Now we're a decent team with a very good running back.  if Tennessee allows the game to be interesting this year, Memphis may be able to pull it out.  here's hoping!

the best thing about the UT/UM game is that if UT wins, they can't really gloat, because they were supposed to win (especially at home), but if Memphis wins, we get to gloat for a year or more until the next matchup.

orange is ugly... ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

18-1 misleading? No, that's 18 wins and 1 loss. It doesn't matter what the score is. Look at Vandy/UT...they give us a run for our money every few years, but they still have lost 22 straight games to us. Just because they "almost" beat us doesn't mean a thing.

Hell, Alabama outscored 9 of 13 opponents in 1993, but it will still go in the record books as them having a 1-12 season. What does a close game accomplish? Honestly?

Memphis can gloat all it wants about 1 game...we still own the sh#t out of them in the record books.

you obviously missed my point. UT was supposed to win every game...by a lot--they are much better of a team. but when an awful Memphis team gives you a run for your money, it looks bad, really bad. and this year, Memphis is good, so its very slim chances are a little better. if UT wins, it does nothing for their pride and Memphis just goes on business as usual--UT was supposed to win the game. but if Memphis wins, its a jolt in the arm for Memphis and devastating for UT.

UT fans need to lighten up.

<_< I certainly wasn't impressed today with Ainge nor with Fullmer's coaching. They almost blew any thread of a national title hope and if they play that way in two weeks againt the Gators, this is going to be a long football year for the Vols.

Personally, they were over-rated at #3 and the way they played today, they really should be dropped below Georgia and Florida and out of the top ten.

But they pulled away with a notch in the "W" column so I hope they work on their offense over the next two weeks.

Doorman;

Don't you know that only Commies root for the Irish? I'll bet you root for the rest of the Commie picks: NY Yankees and Dallas Cowboys, too. That's anti-American. Unless Tennessee looks better than they did against UAB, it could be a long season. The Irish looked very good. Far better than last year.

Archived