Harbors Edge Progress

vdogg

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will this building add to the skyline any? Like do you think that a pan of the Norfolk skyline would include this building (and the more to come in this are)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not from the normal skyline vantage points but it will help form a separate skyline with Granby, the Hague, and Kotarides 20 story building (possibly HH too) when coming in from Portsmouth via the midtown. Actually, it will look like it's sitting on top of the midtown. :lol:

Remember guys this is only the begining of fort norfolk area. This whole area is suppose to transform into a village area! A new marina and a possible other tower just like that one. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely, if you've looked at the diagrams you will be able to see that fort Norfolk will have its on skyline when all is said and done.

I could see an old fashioned street car running from Harbor Park, through downtown, and to Fort Norfolk in addition to Light Rail. It would give the city a lot of class IMO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I think norfolk will get its light rail line eventually though and when it does I think it will do wonders for downtown.

Yeah I heard they are in the final stages of the light rail process with the feds and it could be by 2008 im predicting that they will start the construction. We have had to compete with cities that their populations have sky rocketed so they have been getting the money from the feds.

Now if Vabeach would jump on that bandwagon to connect it would be great. I really hope that light rail will eventually go around the entire city.

I was on Colley Avenue, heading toward Brambleton one night last week and realized how much of an impact this buidling is going to have.  This has been like a sleeping giant on the forum, I'm glad to see a thread for it now.  Thanks for the pics Russ.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem! I will try to take more later on. I'm getting addicted to taking photos now.

No problem! I will try to take more later on. I'm getting addicted to taking photos now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, taking photos is a great hobby. I need to really get back into it myself. I still have the passion for photography, I just dont have the time like I used to. I have a handful of pictures that I've taken in and around DT Norfolk over the past few weeks, but really no time to upload them to the web...maybe I'll get around to it in the next few days... :wacko:

I agree. I think norfolk will get its light rail line eventually though and when it does I think it will do wonders for downtown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would love to see the light rail project extended past Fort norfolk, and link to ODU and NOB... but I guess you gotta crawl before you can walk.

I would love to see the light rail project extended past Fort norfolk, and link to ODU and NOB... but I guess you gotta crawl before you can walk.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah the feds are having a problem with the starter track being only 8 miles. It will get larger over time. It will go from fort norfolk all the way to kempsville rd. I would like to see it go all around from DT to OV.

Soaring energy prices could have some really interesting effects on people's perception of public transit, where to live, where to work. We may yet see some rail transit someday, but I don't think that our current density will support light rail without some heavy subsidies for now. But there are other, lest costly solutions, such as BRT.

So build them tall buildings. I think we'll see a second tower near Harbors Edge. Older folks will love those bricks.

Well i also think that this skyline will add a nice pic to the norfolk sky line along with all the other building around it such as the medical buildings and etc. When i used to come home from work i used to catch the #44 at victory crossing sometimes so that i can see the progrees of Harbors Edge and the senic view of DT Norfolk and Fort Norfolk/ Atlantic City area it really was amazing. Also when crossing the mid town tube from the portsmouth side the new highway system they built was a sight to see and all of those cranes and cargo containers over there in the ship yards. It appears to me as if the area is continuing to grow, I love :wub: this place! If anyone have not experienced the sight of DT Norfolk and P-town and Fort Norfolk/Atlantic City then i think that you better make time to view the developments from this side.

Well i also think that this skyline will add a nice pic to the norfolk sky line along with all the other building around it  such as the medical buildings and etc. When i used to come home from work i used to catch the #44 at victory crossing sometimes so that i can see the progrees of Harbors Edge and the senic view of DT Norfolk and Fort Norfolk/ Atlantic City area it really was amazing. Also when crossing the mid town tube from the portsmouth side the new highway system they built was a sight to see and all of those cranes and cargo containers over there in the ship yards. It appears to me as if the area is continuing to grow, I love  :wub:  this place! If anyone have not experienced the sight of DT Norfolk and P-town and Fort Norfolk/Atlantic City then i think that you better make time to view the developments from this side.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I live in OV and work on the pennisula and sometimes i will take the MM tunnel just to go through the mid town tunnel and see that. I know what you are talking about. :thumbsup:

Well i also think that this skyline will add a nice pic to the norfolk sky line along with all the other building around it  such as the medical buildings and etc. When i used to come home from work i used to catch the #44 at victory crossing sometimes so that i can see the progrees of Harbors Edge and the senic view of DT Norfolk and Fort Norfolk/ Atlantic City area it really was amazing. Also when crossing the mid town tube from the portsmouth side the new highway system they built was a sight to see and all of those cranes and cargo containers over there in the ship yards. It appears to me as if the area is continuing to grow, I love  :wub:  this place! If anyone have not experienced the sight of DT Norfolk and P-town and Fort Norfolk/Atlantic City then i think that you better make time to view the developments from this side.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I've been saying. The view from that location is astonishing. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Harbors Edge is on its 12th floor and starting its 13th :) . It has a very large and commanding presence of the skyline coming from Brambleton heading towards the midtown. As soon as you rise up over the hill near the Peta building and Harbors Edge sorta just smacks you in the face. I really wasn't expecting it to have that major of and impact in that area. Only 5 more floors to go, and the brick work on the front portion is looking really nice as well. This will definately be a stunning building when completed.

Harbors Edge is on its 12th floor and starting its 13th :) . It has a very large and commanding presence of the skyline coming from Brambleton heading towards the midtown. As soon as you rise up over the hill near the Peta building and Harbors Edge sorta just smacks you in the face. I really wasn't expecting it to have that major of and impact in that area. Only 5 more floors to go, and the brick work on the front portion is looking really nice as well. This will definately be a stunning building when completed.

I will try to get some photos this weekend.

Archived