Harbors Edge Progress

vdogg

:shok: I've been looking for a damn website on this thing for years. I think I tried every possible combination of url but that. :rofl:

yeah i went through like all the pages in Google for that one! :thumbsup:

But what a crappy website! just a bunch of pics of old people "enjoying" themselves. not a single one of the building. -_-

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not true. There's one on the "contact us" page. Watch that site closely though, they'll probably put news of the second tower up on it whenever they complete the designs.

I've seen a couple mentions on here in the past few days about a second HE tower. What is the source of the info? Is this concrete? Details? Please? haha. There's been so much going on lately I must have missed this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is getting close! I wonder if there really will be 2 of them built!

I noticed in the paper today that 13 acres of land next to PETA is being looked at by 3 developers for development! The article mentions the other developments announced recently by the mayor. Hopefully another high-rise is being considered by one of the developers whom the paper said is looking to cash in on this property.

I noticed in the paper today that 13 acres of land next to PETA is being looked at by 3 developers for development! The article mentions the other developments announced recently by the mayor. Hopefully another high-rise is being considered by one of the developers whom the paper said is looking to cash in on this property.

Hmm...Maybe that's why it's so busy today. I didn't know this, i'll have to check this out.

Where did u see this article and what is it called? I can't find it.

Where did u see this article and what is it called? I can't find it.

Nevermind, found it. This seems like it may be pretty big actually. The sale of land had to be cleared by the state due to some titling issues but the bill passed to day will tranfer 11 acres to 3 development companies. This is not the total size of the property but just the amount of property indicated to be underwater that had been filled in decades ago. This should give them what they need to proceed with their plans, whatever they may be. It would be really cool if Brambleton turns into another highrise corridor. :)

Nevermind, found it. This seems like it may be pretty big actually. The sale of land had to be cleared by the state due to some titling issues but the bill passed to day will tranfer 11 acres to 3 development companies. This is not the total size of the property but just the amount of property indicated to be underwater that had been filled in decades ago. This should give them what they need to proceed with their plans, whatever they may be. It would be really cool if Brambleton turns into another highrise corridor. :)

I know it would be killer to see more high rises going up on Brambelton!

• 2 weeks later...

I think we'll see more people taking advantage of those great views. I like Harbors Edge more and more, especially with that "crow's nest" that is taking shape at the top. Is that a common area, or just a decorative part of the elevator banks?

Which leads me to a dumb thought that I think needs consideration. When our latest high rise residential towers were designed, they seem to have given the best views to Daddy Warbucks and a few multi-millionaire types. I think this might send the wrong message to many people, and is probably not the best marketing technique. I actually think that the bottom line would be better served if there were common areas at the top, or very near the top of these towers. These could consist of recreation and exercise areas, an indoor pool, a study or library, and so on. In fact, inclusion of these might be the only way I would consider buying a lower level condo in a project such as Westin or Granby Tower.

I think we'll see more people taking advantage of those great views. I like Harbors Edge more and more, especially with that "crow's nest" that is taking shape at the top. Is that a common area, or just a decorative part of the elevator banks?

Which leads me to a dumb thought that I think needs consideration. When our latest high rise residential towers were designed, they seem to have given the best views to Daddy Warbucks and a few multi-millionaire types. I think this might send the wrong message to many people, and is probably not the best marketing technique. I actually think that the bottom line would be better served if there were common areas at the top, or very near the top of these towers. These could consist of recreation and exercise areas, an indoor pool, a study or library, and so on. In fact, inclusion of these might be the only way I would consider buying a lower level condo in a project such as Westin or Granby Tower.

I agree wholeheartedly! Common areas in which people can enjoy the best of what their living communities have to offer (whether it be in highrise buildings or SF subdivisions) are extremely important, IMO! Unfortunately, however, land development is a business. The features that everyone wants to take advantage of (i.e. incredible harbor and skyline views) are also those that someone will be willing to pay top dollar for the exclusive rights to. While the whole community would benefit from such amenities, a developer wants to be sure s/he can make a reasonable return on his/her investment. Therefore, $multimillion pricetag to sell "THE BEST HARBOR VIEWS!" For some reason an incredible harbor view isn't worth as much to big-headed big shots if "the masses" can enjoy the same view. It's all about being exclusive and it's a culture I find quite strange.

That's good. I'd be investin' in de Westin. It's a Best Westin.

No the Granby doesn't have lobby for the top floor but its does have a pool and clubhouse on top of the garage and the garage is surrounded by townhouses. We aren't completely sure you can't walk up to the top there to look out.

Yeah but I think the point that lammius was trying to make was to have a common area with the same views as the upper scale residents so that everyone can at least partly enjoy the vista that the complex is trying to sell.

Yeah but I think the point that lammius was trying to make was to have a common area with the same views as the upper scale residents so that everyone can at least partly enjoy the vista that the complex is trying to sell.

This is an interesting subject. I understand the four two level penthouses at Granby Tower are sold for multi-million prices. Would they would command the same price if they were beneath a common area open to all. Not likely. Are we saying more people would use a common area....the gym and pool and a social area....if it were on the very top? Very likely so. Would they pay for it? Good question.

I don't think Granby Tower is trying to sell the same "vista" to folks who buy on the third or forth floor as they are to folks who buy on the 23rd or 24th floor. They are selling the location, the quality features, 24 hour staffed lobby, concierge, reserved parking, security, etc. to everyone, but floor layout, square footage and view are reflected in the selling price.

I guess the issue is should they have charged everyone a little differently for including a common area on top of the building rather than where it is located. It would seem to me to diminish the value of the units the higher up you go relative to their current marketing/pricing strategy. I wonder if the folks buying the lower priced units at lower levels would be willing to pay more for access to a common area on top of the penthouses to keep the developer whole?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived