Harbors Edge Progress

vdogg

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if we will see a twin for this and where would they put this???

Well, they stated that they were working on another one, whether it will be a twin remains to be seen. I'm hoping the second one is slightly different to add some variety to that area.

It doesn't flatter that Corps of Engineers Building, does it? The Corp building just shouts "woof woof, can I be the neighborhood dog?" While it's in transition, this area promises to be a very strange neighborhood. And speaking of strange, has anyone else (besides myself) heard of ghost stories regarding Fort Norfolk?

Great views and ghosts to deal with over at Fort Norfolk, so they say. I heard that certain wispy folks in colonial garb have been seen, and that the place was used as a prison at one time. I don't know if there's any truth to it, but the place has a wonderful spooky feel to it. Maybe they don't need an aquarium there. Maybe they've already got something but haven't made the most of it. Really old people may already be there.

• 1 month later...

I doubt the interior is anywhere close to being finished.

I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing people move in within the next few months. Remember, the whole building does not have to be complete to get a certificate of occupancy. It is common with skyscrapers that tenants are moving in and living while parts of the building are still under construction. It would be a waste of time not to because the first few floors would be completely done while the roof and other top floors are still completely barren.

This whole area is going to undergo dramatic change. It is exciting to see this anchor building set the standard. If things even come close to being as stately as this building, then I think this whole area will be very impressive. My only concern is that the market seems to be softening a bit. I've read on here a few times that the developer had plans for a second tower. So, perhaps the niche market of over 55 is sufficient to keep the boom going in that area.

Anyone hear anything else about this particular "south ghent" area? Are there any other buildings besides the ship that is in the works. BTW, does it seem like the Ghent Towers is making progress in development etc.?

The building is coming along nicely and adds some dimension to the skyline but does anyone else think our building are looking a bit plain? It kinda looks like another westminster canterbury. Other major cities have old preserved architecture mixed in with modern, urban architecture.

The building is coming along nicely and adds some dimension to the skyline but does anyone else think our building are looking a bit plain? It kinda looks like another westminster canterbury. Other major cities have old preserved architecture mixed in with modern, urban architecture.

Welcome to the site. :) I do think some of our buildings look plain but I love the design of Habors edge. It has such an imposing presence coming down brambleton from the Hagues direction and it has such a striking design.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I worked today there inside the inside is taking shape and the assisted living wing is nice it is 17 stories -1 story which is 13th floor. also the veiw from the 17th floor is wonderful you see downtowns skyline you can also see the port norfolk people working

I worked today there inside the inside is taking shape and the assisted living wing is nice it is 17 stories -1 story which is 13th floor. also the veiw from the 17th floor is wonderful you see downtowns skyline you can also see the port norfolk people working

Welcome to the forum Norva. I use that name as my Socom name! :P

Archived