Capital City Plaza

Florida

Capital City Plaza

@Urbanplanet.org

Tallahassee, FL

CapitalCityPlaza.jpg

Capital City Plaza

-The plan calls for turning Jefferson Street into a grand staircase to Adams Street and the New Capital City Pedestrian Mall.

-Ramps would be incorporated for added accessibility, vendor carts and stalls.

-Plans also call for a cafe' terrace in the middle, shade trees and landscape paintings.

-In front of City hall will be a New Interactive Fountain.

-Sculpture features will be placed at the intersection of primary axis lines.

-An outdoor "bistro chair" seating for outdoor dining is also planned in addition to a Cafe' on the Green food service pavilion.

Extras include:

-Public Restroom

-Auto-Free Center between City Hall and Capitol Plaza

-Access to underground parking garages

-Valet service at Adams and Pensacola

-Information Kiosks

Click The Following Links for More Information:

Conceptual Rendering of Capital City Plaza

Current View of Adams

Current View of Pensacola Between Capitol & City Hall

Florida A&M University Renderings

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks dude!! :D

There are so many other things involved in with this project that I'd like to be able to post but I'm currently not privledged to the information. But from what I've seen the information Kiosk and lamp post that will be placed throughout the downtown area, in addition to the new street lights and lamps will greatly enhance the downtown's character and give it a more historic feel.

all of this sounds much better than the vague feel we got of the adams street plaza conversion. I like it. I would like to see some buildings surrounding the plaza, giving it a central feel. We are off to a good start. I dont think there are many buildings in the area we could demolish without upheaval.

I have mixed feelings on this plan. I'm sure it'll be much better for everyone who works on either side of Jefferson St. not to have to worry about being hit by a car when crossing the street, but on the other hand I really like the access that Jefferson St. gives to the Civic Center and FSU from Monroe. I've used it many times, and would hate to see it go from a motorist's point of view.

I have mixed feelings on this plan.  I'm sure it'll be much better for everyone who works on either side of Jefferson St. not to have to worry about being hit by a car when crossing the street, but on the other hand I really like the access that Jefferson St. gives to the Civic Center and FSU from Monroe.  I've used it many times, and would hate to see it go from a motorists point of view.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know... I think they should do an underground tunnel from the Leon County Visitors Center to the Florida Supreme Court Building so the road can continue to pass through.

But I wish I could post more of the plan here on the pages... unfortunately... I only have "access" to what I've already posted.

But to describe the rest a little... I'd say we have these beautiful new street lights... just for the downtown... all on a pedestrian scale. I'm assuming they'll leave the regular lights up as well.

There are these really neat informaiton Kiosk that will be included... which kinda look like whats on the corner in front of the Oddessy Science center, then there are the actual street lights... Oh the street ligths!!!

• 2 years later...

Archived