Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

csmurphy8885

Bridge Signage/Beautification

Which would be the best design for us?   14 members have voted

1. 1. Which would be the best design for us?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

Appalachee pkwy, Monroe, and Tennessee are each bridged by the RR trax. Here are some ideas i had to make them more like gateways into the city. Vote or give input.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

that was 5 hours....well... um.... spent if nothing else!

Nice job! 5 hours well spent.

I like #'s 2 & 3. Don't really care for #4, though.

WHOA!!! NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING BOUT BABY!!

I like option 1 and Option 4, as is. If Option 2 were the Official zimmerman agency letters that city hall uses, it would get my vote too.

A simple city, needs a simple sign. I did not want to over do any of them. 3 is my favorite, because of its scuplture qualities. It kinda reminds me of the crown on our Statue of Liberty. I tried to make it look like the sun rays were climbing overhead as you drove through thier shadows. Difficult to do on the computer. It was more fun making the background!! lol

^3, nothing against your work or you, but option 3 reminds me of those signs in South Florida... Im not really feeling it.

Like you said... simple works... option 4.

i dont like 4, 2 and 3 are great we need one of these for St.Pete coming off the howard franklin that would be great B)

Even some red brick could help make the bridges a part of tally, rather than rr conveniences.

i will presume my num 3 is not a good representation of a sun... no one i have shown at work thinks its sun....lol. fun times

#3 reminds me of S. Florida... it does look like a sun to me... I just like the others a little more! :D

Appalachee pkwy, Monroe, and Tennessee are each bridged by the RR trax. Here are some ideas i had to make them more like gateways into the city. Vote or give input.

1.jpg

4.jpg

Paintbrush is an embarrassing tool for my artistic skills. But, I think anything will be better than the plain RR bridges. I would love to see them used as advertisements for the cities events... DT getdowns, parades, and such. Not like a giant Lamar billboard. More like a long text banner that matches the do-dads on the light poles in DT. Something colorful, and seasonally changing. (sorry, but i wont be able to render this idea!)

^_^

You mean something like the ribbon LEDs used at major professional sports venues? They can change easily since it is only LED signage.

Paintbrush is an embarrassing tool for my artistic skills. But, I think anything will be better than the plain RR bridges. I would love to see them used as advertisements for the cities events... DT getdowns, parades, and such. Not like a giant Lamar billboard. More like a long text banner that matches the do-dads on the light poles in DT. Something colorful, and seasonally changing. (sorry, but i wont be able to render this idea!)

^_^

One problem would be that the railroad owns the bridge, and probably wouldn't want those letters sticking up on either side of the trains...

^Dangit Aerobird!!!!! Why did you have to rain on a man's parade!?!? :cold:

OK Murph... looks like #4 is pushing ahead. Should this be the standard design for all bridges over our streets? Say the South Monroe bridge, just as you leave downtown or the Tennessee Street bridge passing Capital City Volvo?

The city could Place self supported signs on either side of the bridges, with ample room for the CXS folks.

I like the stadium style led setup for sure, and i see alot of church's utilizing the technology... and i know tidings would not be spent on something too expensive (he says with a slight grin and wink :P

It would need not be too distracting though.

Dont forget the potential of the pedestrian bridges in DT!

we could use a few more of those (over monroe @ the chain of parks could be a sexy addition if done right!)

I'd like to see something done with the pedestrian bridges we now have. I think They've been allowed to go unmaintained in some cases and in other cases they could be a solid asset to the buildings around them. Such is the case at Turlington and the Garage that serves it across the street.

The bridge connecting the parking garage to the Turlington Building is in desperate need of some sort of spruce-up - it's an eyesore and embarrasment!

Well it could use a bath and coat of paint, for starters. ;) It looks like it hasn't been maintained at all since it was built. A bridge over a major road leading to such an important building shouldn't be allowed to go like they've let it.

Doesn't seem these type of things would be difficult to do. Wouldn't it seem something like this would already have been done by now. I mean, what's with the local politicians and community beautification? I know Tallahassee is already beautiful in many respects, but there is always room for improvement and our leaders seem to be too comfortable with status quo.