Bridge Signage/Beautification

csmurphy8885

Which would be the best design for us?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which would be the best design for us?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A simple city, needs a simple sign. I did not want to over do any of them. 3 is my favorite, because of its scuplture qualities. It kinda reminds me of the crown on our Statue of Liberty. I tried to make it look like the sun rays were climbing overhead as you drove through thier shadows. Difficult to do on the computer. It was more fun making the background!! lol

• 1 year later...

Paintbrush is an embarrassing tool for my artistic skills. But, I think anything will be better than the plain RR bridges. I would love to see them used as advertisements for the cities events... DT getdowns, parades, and such. Not like a giant Lamar billboard. More like a long text banner that matches the do-dads on the light poles in DT. Something colorful, and seasonally changing. (sorry, but i wont be able to render this idea!)

^_^

Paintbrush is an embarrassing tool for my artistic skills. But, I think anything will be better than the plain RR bridges. I would love to see them used as advertisements for the cities events... DT getdowns, parades, and such. Not like a giant Lamar billboard. More like a long text banner that matches the do-dads on the light poles in DT. Something colorful, and seasonally changing. (sorry, but i wont be able to render this idea!)

^_^

The city could Place self supported signs on either side of the bridges, with ample room for the CXS folks.

I like the stadium style led setup for sure, and i see alot of church's utilizing the technology... and i know tidings would not be spent on something too expensive (he says with a slight grin and wink :P

It would need not be too distracting though.

Dont forget the potential of the pedestrian bridges in DT!

we could use a few more of those (over monroe @ the chain of parks could be a sexy addition if done right!)

I'd like to see something done with the pedestrian bridges we now have. I think They've been allowed to go unmaintained in some cases and in other cases they could be a solid asset to the buildings around them. Such is the case at Turlington and the Garage that serves it across the street.

Well it could use a bath and coat of paint, for starters. ;) It looks like it hasn't been maintained at all since it was built. A bridge over a major road leading to such an important building shouldn't be allowed to go like they've let it.

Doesn't seem these type of things would be difficult to do. Wouldn't it seem something like this would already have been done by now. I mean, what's with the local politicians and community beautification? I know Tallahassee is already beautiful in many respects, but there is always room for improvement and our leaders seem to be too comfortable with status quo.

Archived