Favorite Neighborhood/Part of Columbia?

Hybrid0NE

same as title...  

24 members have voted

1. 1. same as title...

• Central Business District (Main St. Area)
    • Vista
    • Five Points
    • USC
    • Shandon
    • West Columbia
    • Cayce
    • The Mill Villages (Olympia/Granby/Whaley)
    • Earlewood
    • Eau Claire
    • Arcadia Lakes
    • Forest Acres
    • Dutch Square (everthing from the saluda/broad confluence to I-20)
    • Dentsville-Spring Valley
    • Irmo
    • Lexington
    • Lake Murray
    • Lower Richland
    • Sandhills Area (Clemson Road corridor)
    • Blythewood

Charlotte is going through a major trasnformation, there are several projects downtown in the planning stages, Ritz Carlton is being built, and a handful of high rise apartment condos, which means retail will follow indeed, right on college street, and once the NBA arena opens up it will add more demand...... ;)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not telling us anything new. Charlotte is Charlotte, not Chicago or Boston. Columbia is Columbia, and will strive to be the best Columbia it can be. Columbia has several projects planned downtown as well, and once they are complete (or even before that), many urban amenities will follow. No city is perfect, but don't expect one city to be a clone of another.

Charlotte is going through a major trasnformation, there are several projects downtown in the planning stages, Ritz Carlton is being built, and a handful of high rise apartment condos, which means retail will follow indeed, right on college street, and once the NBA arena opens up it will add more demand...... ;)

Charlotte this, Charlotte that...These are two different cities...Charlotte will always be bigger than Columbia and have different things...You can go to the Charlotte forum if u love charlotte so much

Charlotte this, Charlotte that...These are two different cities...Charlotte will always be bigger than Columbia and have different things...You can go to the Charlotte forum if u love charlotte so much

Well never say never. Obviously Charlotte is larger than Columbia (and it's a great city), but that could change and it probably won't be in our lifetime, but it's possible that it could one day (maybe the next 100 years) outgrow Charlotte. Columbia has a lot of things going for it that Charlotte doesn't, such as three rivers running through the city, three major interstates and it's central location. Remember, Birmingham was once larger than Atlanta.

BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND:

It's hard to pick one particular neigborhood that is my favorite. I like how the Northeast area is developing. I also like Harbison and West Columbia. I must say though, the Garners Ferry area has undergone a massive phase of new construction (shops, restaurants, housing, etc.) I remember not even five years ago when there was no WalMart Supercenter along with a plaza. I also love how they renovated the old Woodhill Mall into a plaza with a Target, Starbucks, etc.

Well never say never. Obviously Charlotte is larger than Columbia (and it's a great city), but that could change and it probably won't be in our lifetime, but it's possible that it could one day (maybe the next 100 years) outgrow Charlotte. Columbia has a lot of things going for it that Charlotte doesn't, such as three rivers running through the city, three major interstates and it's central location. Remember, Birmingham was once larger than Atlanta.

BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND:

It's hard to pick one particular neigborhood that is my favorite. I like how the Northeast area is developing. I also like Harbison and West Columbia. I must say though, the Garners Ferry area has undergone a massive phase of new construction (shops, restaurants, housing, etc.) I remember not even five years ago when there was no WalMart Supercenter along with a plaza. I also love how they renovated the old Woodhill Mall into a plaza with a Target, Starbucks, etc.

True....Maybe when they revise the annexation laws in the 22nd century...But its possible...Columbia may consilidate with Richland in the future, ya never know..

Let me know how much you waste in gas every year by living the suburban sprawl existence.

BTW, Five Points has an Office Depot. In the Vista, check out Savoy on Lady Street or all of the stores in Five Points, they put Banana Republic to shame. Who cares about chain stores, they're everywhere. As far as books, B&N and Borders can't hold a candle to the Richland County Public Library. I'll be laughig all the way to the bank when gas prices reach $5 a gallon and a tank still lasts me for 3 weeks.

Durn right! I've been in Keenan Terrace since May and am loving it. You're right, waccamatt. A tank lasts over two weeks if I don't go out of town. Sure is saving some money.

Durn right! I've been in Keenan Terrace since May and am loving it. You're right, waccamatt. A tank lasts over two weeks if I don't go out of town. Sure is saving some money.

my favorite part of columbia has to be the spring valley area, it's just so different from all the rest of the city. i really don't get that much of a chane to actual travel that far, the more columbia grows it seems like it takes forever to get from st.andrews to two notch. but i just love the the vibe, and the diversity that comes from that side of town. honestly i think the north east side is the most diverse side

my favorite part of columbia has to be the spring valley area, it's just so different from all the rest of the city. i really don't get that much of a chane to actual travel that far, the more columbia grows it seems like it takes forever to get from st.andrews to two notch. but i just love the the vibe, and the diversity that comes from that side of town. honestly i think the north east side is the most diverse side

I agree totally with you 100% :) Decker has the Chinese, Korean, and Mexican areas; Spring Valley has the Arabs and Indians, and Clemson Road/Blythewood area has the Puerto Ricans, Greeks, & Italians (although not many) but very diverse :D

Archived