Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RestedTraveler

CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Camperdown

316 posts in this topic

Great idea, RT! Very nice shading and materials on the model. :)

Very nice shading and materials on the model. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks to the Marchant Company web site for the renderings! I don't have that much time on my hands. :D

Is that the Church Street bridge running alongside it? I'm not exactly sure where these condos will be.

That is actually the Academy Street bridge, behind the Peace Center, City Hall, and Westin Poinsett Hotel. :)

BTW, I noticed that someone has already included The Camperdown in the map printed in today's business section of The Greenville News. B)

That is actually the Academy Street bridge, behind the Peace Center, City Hall, and Westin Poinsett Hotel. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So driving into downtown on Academy (from Easley's direction), would Camperdown be off to the right (toward the Peace Center) or the left (behind the First Citizens/former Duke Power building)?

I recall it being on that side of town now, because the 360 degree views on the website look great!

To the left, at the bend in the Reedy River. Linky Stone Park is directly across Reedy View Drive from The Camperdown Condominiums. :)

Okay, don't laugh. Those are used for kyakers to enter the water. There used to be a course down towards the Peace Center, but I honestly don't see how successful it could be on such an extremely tame (not to mention small) river. :lol:

Okay, don't laugh.  Those are used for kyakers to enter the water.  There used to be a course down towards the Peace Center, but I honestly don't see how successful it could be on such an extremely tame (not to mention small) river. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was reading the Georgia forum and saw that Columbus is taking down the dams in the downtown area and letting the river run wild. They plan on building a whitewater park near the Riverwalk. I'm not sure of all the details.

Is there any part of the Reedy that could be built up to include a park like this within the many public areas?

^^ It also says that this is PHASE 1.

I never knew there was another phase planned. Anyone have any info.?

^^ It also says that this is PHASE 1.

I never knew there was another phase planned.  Anyone have any info.?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is interesting. There is other property between the Camperdown site and the Kroc Center site. Perhaps there are plans to purchase that other property and build other phases?

I know nothing though - just speculation on my part here.

If you haven't done so recently, you really need to walk by the Mary Praytor Gallery on South Main Street (just down from the 22 South Main renovation). There is a new video of The Camperdown (not the one that has been playing there for awhile) and it is absolutely high-class! You'll be very impressed with the compositing of real people, car traffic, and stunning skyline views with the detailed 3D models! A definite MUST SEE! B)

Also, on North Main, next to Jersey Mike's sub shop, a new information center for The Camperdown will be opening on September 16. Can't wait! Take it in, fellow urbanites! We're living in the most exciting era in Greenville's 200+ year history. :D

^^Sounds awesome; that's also when I hope they'll finally start construction on it!!!! :)

An info center on Main Street should be a stroke of genius. People love it, and will be very interested once The Pinnacle construction begins just up Main from that location. :thumbsup:

If you haven't done so recently, you really need to walk by the Mary Praytor Gallery on South Main Street (just down from the 22 South Main renovation).  There is a new video of The Camperdown (not the one that has been playing there for awhile) and it is absolutely high-class!  You'll be very impressed with the compositing of real people, car traffic, and stunning skyline views with the detailed 3D models!  A definite MUST SEE! B)

Also, on North Main, next to Jersey Mike's sub shop, a new information center for The Camperdown will be opening on September 16.  Can't wait!  Take it in, fellow urbanites!  We're living in the most exciting era in Greenville's 200+ year history. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds great Skyliner! :thumbsup: Thanks for the tip.

There is also a sales center opening soon for The Fieldhouse (the condos at the new baseball stadium) in the Rocks & Ropes building in Westend. :thumbsup:

wow, both of those info centers sound awesome and will be interesting to see. :)