CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Camperdown

RestedTraveler

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the radio commercial, it is, "nine stories of residential over three stories of parking." The design seems able to allow for additional floors, if demanded. It is a bit interesting that Southcorp would write an article with other information than the Marchant. But I would take the better of the reports because the renderings aren't all consistent as well. :)

I visited the info center yesterday. :)

I was told that the developer added one floor to the original design and that has been the main reason for the delay. They also told me that the total number of floors includes the rooftop level, making it 14 stories in all. They also said that they're hoping to begin construction by the end of the year, but nothing is official yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe this has been mentioned already and I missed it, but I noticed this evening that a Preview Center for the Camperdown has been opened on North Main Street across the street from the Hyatt, near Jersey Mike's Subs. :yahoo:

Edit: Nevermind. I see it now. That's what I get for searching the thread for "Preview" instead of "Info." :(

Just some thoughts on why I think the Camperdown is one of the must important projects in the works downtown.

1 Largest residential development downtown to date(80 units)?

2 I st truly urban lifestyle building (great views, parking garage, rooftop club, pool etc).

3 Best mix of price range of units ($180,000-$600,000)

4 Tallest new building that is about to start

5 Not located on main street

If this project succeeds I think it will be come the standard for future projects

I'm looking forward to this project for many of those same reasons; however, I'm mainly wanting to see the entire river walk area along the Reedy completed from Main to Academy. That's going to be one nice core of development surrounded by pedestrian friendly, kid-friendly, and pet friendly park space when all is said and done. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just so I'm clear, this building will be on the left (non-CBD) side of Academy as one is driving into downtown from Easley, right? Will it be on the "Easley side" of the big bridge that crosses the Reedy River, or the "Greenville side?" I'm trying to orient myself as to where The Camperdown will be in relation to the old Duke Power building (which is the attractive building on the left that looks like a mansion).

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

I think it's funny how some of these projects after they announce them, they actually start to build them like ICAR, the new baseball stadium, and The Shops at Greenridge but other projects keep getting delayed like Piazza Bergamo, Pinnacle on Main, and The Camperdown Condos.

Archived