CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Camperdown

RestedTraveler

It takes time. However, it also takes visibility, which is something that has been lacking for this project. They should consider a billboard ad with the 3D rendering somewhere along I-85 near Pelham, or I-385 near Mauldin and Simpsonville. I noticed a nice billboard for the Hampton Inn and Suites close to the 417 underpass on I-385 - quite catchy. :thumbsup:

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that sucks. If they have been selling them for this long and have only 13 under contract and 27 left to go before they can start construction, it might be a while before we see construction begin on this.

That is pathetic. I wonder why they won't just go to auction? I am confident that they would have no trouble selling a lot more that way. Perhaps they are concerned that they wouldn't get enough for them, but it sure beats what they are doing now (i.e., selling one every three months)!

How is this:

The Camperdown; Living at a new level in Greenville.

Kinda simple, but not too bad? ^_^

I like them both. :D

I agree!^^^

I think something along the lines of:

"Are you HOME yet? You could be. The Camperdown. Downtown's (insert adjective-grandest, newest, highrise) residential development!"

That is pathetic. I wonder why they won't just go to auction? I am confident that they would have no trouble selling a lot more that way. Perhaps they are concerned that they wouldn't get enough for them, but it sure beats what they are doing now (i.e., selling one every three months)!

That is pretty slow selling.

I imagine that going to auction now would not be in their best interest as far as price goes. An auction works best for a project like this, as a kickoff, when the property is hot and a price has not been set.

Unfortunately, this property has cooled off, and the prices have been set.

If they were to use an auction, it would certainly jumpstart things, but they may take a hit in the prices. Which is something they may not be willing to do at this point.

I imagine that going to auction now would not be in their best interest as far as price goes. An auction works best for a project like this, as a kickoff, when the property is hot and a price has not been set.

Unfortunately, this property has cooled off, and the prices have been set.

If they were to use an auction, it would certainly jumpstart things, but they may take a hit in the prices. Which is something they may not be willing to do at this point.

Maybe this is the start of a correction in prices for downtown condos. Downtown properties have seemed overpriced based on square footages and on home prices in the rest of the metro. There is definitely a demand for downtown living, but I think the demand is in a more reasonable price range than we've seen with several previous projects.

I think most people are just waiting to see what the market does, with so many new condos downtown the market seems a bit flooded. But with The Terraces having only 3 Units left I don't think people are afraid to pay the higher prices.

True. We've had a large amount of condos come online with the past two years.

The marketing campaign for this is going to be picked up huge in the next couple of weeks. Spring is a great time to sell. Everyone is coming out of the winter doldrums. Looking forward to getting this project off the ground and starting development along the Reedy River past the academy street bridge. The further development of Riverplace and the artists studios in the old Klingman Williams building and Linky Stone Park finally create a link to this project. It is no longer an island away from everything else.

The marketing campaign for this is going to be picked up huge in the next couple of weeks. Spring is a great time to sell. Everyone is coming out of the winter doldrums. Looking forward to getting this project off the ground and starting development along the Reedy River past the academy street bridge. The further development of Riverplace and the artists studios in the old Klingman Williams building and Linky Stone Park finally create a link to this project. It is no longer an island away from everything else.

Billboards? Radio? TV? Any idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Thats disappointing but at least theres some type of timeline established again.

Im really excited about this project. This is exactly what the city needs to begin to grow their residential population. I hope that this one gets off the ground, because Im starting to wonder if any of these high rise projects are going to make it. I hope my grandchildren will be able to see the beginning of at least one of these big projects......Ha ha. I keep praying that any one of these days im going to see several cranes downtown at once.

Archived