CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Camperdown

RestedTraveler

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see more high rise buildings in the Central Business District where they belong - used for offices with some retail. I'm not a huge fan of high rise residential buildings, though. Although, they do tend to help increase population density a great deal if there are a lot of them. I'd rather see something more creative in a low-rise or mid-rise for residential use.

I don't know exactly why, but I have always been a huge fan of well-designed and tall structures. I understand the negatives, but they also give cities an image to remember and subconciously declare the economic status of the community. I am not at all a fan of the types of highrises found in Greenville, except for the Poinsett Plaza office building. They all need to show ageless design and beauty.

That being said, if Greenville continues to develop projects like RiverPlace, McBee Station, Pendleton West, The Fieldhouse, The Bookends, and the proposed Church Street corridor, I will be satisfied with less highrises going up. There will need to be a time when the City considers developing higher density in the CBD though. I consider the proposed towers to be adequate in supporting the current pedestrian flow, rather than dominating and breaking its feel. :shades:

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's about time! :rolleyes:

I wonder what effect Spring will have on the sales of condos downtown? With so many people finding their way into town from the 'burbs this time of year, you'd think the residential investment rate in the CBD might shoot up significantly. :whistling:

If construction on The Pinnacle on Main would have commenced on schedule, I think the interest-level would have brought plenty of pedestrian traffic to the Camperdown info center. Hopefully these buildings are on the verge of actually beginning to rise from the ground. <_<

While we're speculating on whether these projects would be aided by Downtown Alive or Main Street Jazz, I have another suggestion to offer...

Both the Camperdown and the Pinnacle on Main should get permission from the Greenville Drive to set up tables at the entry plazas to West End Field before games. I'm sure that more people living downtown would be something the Drive would be interested in supporting as that would mean more bums in their seats. Likewise, I'm certain that downtown baseball would be a good selling point for these residences. :thumbsup:

DSCF0519.jpgloungeandpoolarea.jpg

This has got to be the coolest roof in greenville! I vote that we should have our next UP meeting at the club house on the top of the Camperdown.

Thanks Trey! Nice to see the revised rendering. :thumbsup: These should be starting soon.

This has got to be the coolest roof in greenville! I vote that we should have our next UP meeting at the club house on the top of the Camperdown.

You don't want to have another UP meeting for 5 years?!? :rofl:

Just kidding. Hopefully, construction will start soon (deja vu, all over again).

The wife and I have talked about buying a condo in the Camperdown, but we are just not ready for a condo (where do you put the canoe and the work shop?) If we were too buy a condo this would be the place!

Welcome erm1981. I'm sure glad we have somebody that works for Harper Corporation on this site. Good job on building Riverplace, keep it up. I don't know if you are working on Hubbell or ICAR, but I know Harper is and I would like to say your company is doing a great job building all of these new things going up in and around Greenville. It says on the Camperdown website that construction will start this fall. Is that true or could it possibly start sooner than that? Also, do you know when actual construction for Verdae will begin?

Archived