CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Camperdown

RestedTraveler

I have received word from the Marchant Co. that this project is NOT dead and they are simply going with a different developer to build the project. The original developer was SouthCorp Inc. I do not know though who the new developer is and when construction might start on it. If I find out, I will definitely let you know ASAP.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just went by the Camperdown office downtown today. If you want some good Camperdown memorabilia it's all going to be out on the street tomorrow after 8:30am. They have till then to remove everything form the space or the Sheriffs dept will put it out on the street.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys. A person that i work with told me that a new sign was up at the camperdown site so i ran out there to check it out. It appears they have a different sign up now there. Wells Fargo is the bank on the sign. It is different than the one that is shown on the first post of this thread. I tried to get a picture of it with my camera phone but it doesnt look that clear. Is this something new or is does the guy just not know what he is talking about?

Its not the same one as on the first post of this thread. Dont know if they have changed it since then. Here is the picture of it. Is it different or just another false alarm? sorry for the low quality

post-10514-1178141999_thumb.jpg

post-10514-1178141999_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I would think that a new developer could do well with the project. If it were marketed from scratch, I think the number of pre-sales could meet their mark. One thing I'd like to see though is retail on the ground level. Mainly because it's on the river and if development continues up that way, then we'll want it, though I really can't imagine too many people being interested in putting retail there now... I love the building and really wouldn't mind them just finding another site that is suitable downtown, if they think it's the location that's killing them. But, considering more recent events, I'd think that a fresh start would yield construction soon. :dontknow: Here's to hoping they'll give it another try! :alc:

• 1 year later...

Archived