CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Camperdown

RestedTraveler

What is taking them so long? Don't tell me it takes time either because they have had all of the time in the world and all of these other cities are building theirs right after they announce them and they are alot bigger than these condo developments. They started on Riverplace right after they announced it, so why not on Pinnacle or Camperdown?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Website cals for a June 06 construction start.

I talked with the Marchant Co. recently and was told they have presold 14 units. I do not remember how many it is that they need to presale I think it was in the 27-32 range though.

I talked with the Marchant Co. recently and was told they have presold 14 units. I do not remember how many it is that they need to presale I think it was in the 27-32 range though.

So June 6th is D-Day, eh? :rofl: They really should entertain having an auction.

GOOD GOSH! I guess it's not TOO far off. <_<

Hopefully this date will be kept! It's going to be a great development, they just need to go about it the right way. But then again, I'm no real estate developer.

I had originally thought the location of their information center on North Main was great because The Pinnacle would start in the Fall. Now I can understand why the sales are slow. The construction of The Pinnacle on Main would have brought many people's interest-level to a new high. I can only hope that they stay open during Downtown Alive and Main Street Jazz. This would allow interested people the opportunity to find out more while they're right on North Main. If only developers were confident enough to begin construction with the speculation that sales would pick up.

Look to see the energy on this project pick up in the next month or so. When the Camperdown was first offered last Fall there was a lot of product on the market and potentially coming to the market especially with Riverplace. The Terrace really was in direct competition with it. There is not so much product out there now so you can expect to see and increase in news on the Camperdown. Spring is a great time to sell and it bodes well for the Camperdown.

http://camperdown.southcorpinc.com/content/view/25/75/

-NO, the website says WINTER 2005, NOT JUNE 2006.

There is a difference beteen a reservation and a contract.

A reservation usually means someone has placed a refundable deposit on a particular unit. A contract means that person has signed a contract and paid a non-refundable partial down payment.

That is usually how it goes anyway.

If only 14 of the units are firmly taken, then that is not good. This project has been out there for some time now. I hate to say it, but it looks like construction of new condo units is hitting something of a lull.

There is big difference in timeframe for projects that held auctions and projects that have sold individual units. Camperdown has not held an auction, so the pace of sales is much slower. As per the lady in the sales office on Main a few weeks ago, right at half had been sold and she said we should see construction starting soon. No doubt if they were to hold an auction for the remaining, they would sell of quickly. Go direct to the source....stop in the sales office and ask.

There are still good numbers of condos coming online soon....The Fieldhouse, The Brio, McBee Station. These along with The Bookends, 400 North Main, Poinsett Corners, Mills Mill, The Richland, Pendleton West, etc, etc are still a GREAT number of condos to be added downtown in just a couple of years.

I think the condo market may be cooling slightly, but that would mirror the national housing market which is also cooling.

However, residential development in the Greenville area is booming at an unprecidented pace, according to the report by WYFF last week.

This is definitely true for single-family. Multi-family appears to be high too, according to ACOG's most recent Multi-Family housing survey.

See this link

Marchant Co, Camperdown Page

From that site.

According to Mike Talley, developer, construction is slated to begin in mid-June. For more detailed information, or an appointment please contact Sales Manager, Gordon D. Seay at The Marchant Company.

Also, I think the agent I talked to mentioned that they have not even put the units in MLS yet and that Marketing was about vamp up and units entered into MLS.

The website says mid-June but it does not say what year. I'm thinking this was June of 2005 because the website also says the condos will be 12 stories tall instead of 14 which means this website hasn't been updated in a long time.

The website says mid-June but it does not say what year. I'm thinking this was June of 2005 because the website also says the condos will be 12 stories tall instead of 14 which means this website hasn't been updated in a long time.

That's what I was thinking, too. If my recollection is correct, it's said Mid-June for quite some time now. :(

Here's an email I received about the Camperdown Condos:

"Thanks for the inquiry on the project. We are not yet to our pre-sale requirements to begin construction. We need 40 units pre-sold before the construction can begin. If you want to go to contract, great

Here's an email I received about the Camperdown Condos:

"Thanks for the inquiry on the project. We are not yet to our pre-sale requirements to begin construction. We need 40 units pre-sold before the construction can begin. If you want to go to contract, great

As of yesterday, they have 13 under contract. 27 to go until they break ground. The prices seem to be fairly reasonable under the 8th floor. Above that it gets too rich for my blood. I have been mulling this one over for a while now...

Archived