CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Kroc Center

RestedTraveler

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I meant to say this yesterday, but didn't have a chance: The Salvation Army bought a large piece of land including South Hudson Street (presumeably most, if not all of the land) for the Kroc Center. The sale price was over 4 million dollars. :D

Great to hear! :thumbsup: Any idea when construction is suppose to start?

Two more pieces of vacant land were sold to The Salvation Army from Reedy River Investments LLC for $4 million each. They are on Westfield and Wildwood Streets. That brings the total land sale to more than $12 million from what I can tell. Things should now be in place for the major transformation into a community centerpiece. :D

Since there's not been any renderings that I've seen, can anyone tell me what to expect? I've kind of had this fear of a cheap warehouse looking building. Or something along the lines of the Greenville Rescue Mission. I really am hoping for something beautiful that will fit in with the historic West End district with great brickwork and such... can anyone ease my fears or just go ahead and tell me that i'm too ambitious... :shok:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Channell 4 just reported that several new donations were given towards the construction of the Kroc Center today. Wachovia donated $250K. Bilo also donated $250k. Community Foundation of Greenville gave $500K. So far, they have raised $6.7MM in matching funds. They are on track to break ground in early fall this year and complete in 18 months. :yahoo:

Archived