Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RestedTraveler

CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Kroc Center

246 posts in this topic

This one will be very interesting to watch during construction.

Too bad we do not have a photo of before they tore down all of those warehouses.

I meant to say this yesterday, but didn't have a chance: The Salvation Army bought a large piece of land including South Hudson Street (presumeably most, if not all of the land) for the Kroc Center. The sale price was over 4 million dollars. :D

I meant to say this yesterday, but didn't have a chance: The Salvation Army bought a large piece of land including South Hudson Street (presumeably most, if not all of the land) for the Kroc Center. The sale price was over 4 million dollars. :D

Great to hear! :thumbsup: Any idea when construction is suppose to start?

Construction has already begun. I drove by the site today. The grading appears to be mostly complete and there are surveyor's stakes all over the place marking structure corners. I wish I could have gotten some photos.

Two more pieces of vacant land were sold to The Salvation Army from Reedy River Investments LLC for $4 million each. They are on Westfield and Wildwood Streets. That brings the total land sale to more than $12 million from what I can tell. Things should now be in place for the major transformation into a community centerpiece. :D

Since there's not been any renderings that I've seen, can anyone tell me what to expect? I've kind of had this fear of a cheap warehouse looking building. Or something along the lines of the Greenville Rescue Mission. I really am hoping for something beautiful that will fit in with the historic West End district with great brickwork and such... can anyone ease my fears or just go ahead and tell me that i'm too ambitious... :shok:

I would think that it will be very similar to the Kroc Center in San Diego, maybe?

http://www.kroccenter.org/

Photos from the Web Site of the Developer of the San Diego center, Heritage West:

1RJKCC.jpg

2RJKCC.jpg

3RJKCC.jpg

5RJKCC.jpg6RJKCC%201.jpg

8RJKCC.jpg9RJKCC.jpg

10RJKCC.jpg11RJKCC.jpg

12RJKCC.jpg7RJKCC.jpg

4ARJKCC.jpg14RJKCC.jpg

Does that ease your fears any? :silly:

I thought I would put together a map of the site. This is according to the tax records.

post-3311-1130772825_thumb.jpg

I thought I would put together a map of the site. This is according to the tax records.

post-3311-1130772825_thumb.jpg

Thanks Chickenwing! Didn't realize the Kroc Center site covered so much land. Has the construction of this building started yet?

Surveying has been done. There are corner markers all over the place. I'm not sure if they're marking corners of various lots or the building corners though.

Was by the there yesterday and there were about three trucks and 10 or 12 guys....looked like more surveying.

The Kroc Center got an infusion of much-needed cash once again from Fred Collins yesterday.

This is the big announcement at the Westin Poinsett from yesterday which was mentioned previously in the TBA Column of the Business Section in this week's Greenville Journal.

How much more money is needed?

I'm ready to see this happen.

Saturday, 10-DEC-2005:

Kroc_Center_0001.jpg

Kroc_Center_0002.jpg

Nothing much has changed, but here are a couple of photos from today.

According to the Greenville News, the construction for the Kroc Center is supposed to begin in the summer of 2006 and be finished by the end of 2007.

I just read an article that the Kroc Center is trying to acquire more adjacent land, to be able to expand on the original design of the facility. :thumbsup:

Channell 4 just reported that several new donations were given towards the construction of the Kroc Center today. Wachovia donated $250K. Bilo also donated $250k. Community Foundation of Greenville gave $500K. So far, they have raised $6.7MM in matching funds. They are on track to break ground in early fall this year and complete in 18 months. :yahoo:

Certainly sounds like a huge project, any ideas who the GC might be yet? Haven't seen this on any Dodge Reports.

^_^