Map of MA higher education system?

TheBostonian

I can't find a map like this of the MA state higher ed. system.

suny_map_all.jpg

There is this map of community colleges:

map.gif

There's a simple map of the Umass system that I can't link here because it is in several parts I think:

http://www.massachusetts.edu/

I can't find a map of the MA state colleges and certainly not a map of the entire state higher ed. system. Has anyone seen one? Does anyone want to make one?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They keep talking about adding Cape Cod Community College to the UMASS system, but I don't know what the latest is on that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean the proposed merger of South New England School of Law with Umass Dartmouth that was recently shot down? Or something else?

I'm still playing with the map. I'm not very good at computer graphics, but I did make something cleaner. This is all, mind you, because the map I really hoped to find, did not exsist.

post-4206-1125373367_thumb.jpg

post-4206-1125373367_thumb.jpg

Why do they want to do that?  Change a comm. college into a university?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It makes the Cape more attractive to business development. Having a full university there means that the workforce has access to that much better education. The Cape has the population now to be able to support it. It's something that has been discussed for a while, but I think the economic situation at UMASS precludes it from happening in the near future.

• 5 months later...

Archived